Karma, the worst... Apc?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakexionyx

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGothitelle View Post
Diana, Eve and Kat aren't carries. No carry dives into the enemy team trying to get kills on specific targets (thats the job of the assassin...which is what they are, or the bruiser), and to say they outdamage the adc in late game team fights is plain wrong.
They have damage in bursts, not high dps.

The only AP champs you could consider to be carries are karthus, ryze and cass, due to their extremely high dps late game. (Karthus with defile, Ryze because of his passive meaning he can spam spells, similar story with cass)
Provided he didn't have a terrible early/mid game, I'd add Swain to that list. His ult, plenty of mana, (and a zhonya's late game) on him and he'll magic DPS all fight long.

But this thread was about Karma... I think? Whoever she is =P (LOL JK).

incorporated8

02-05-2013

It's because she has a winrate that hurts your eyes to look at. Even in platinum elo, her win rate is something like 30%. Basically, it means even when she is played to perfection, there is no reason to play her compared to other mids or supports. But seriously, if you like her the best, just play her. If people flame at you, dont worry; you won't get banned.

niqht

02-05-2013

Your interest and fun and enjoyment of this game is above all else.
Which is why I own Xerath, Brand, Vik, Karma, and Orianna....

And Lulu, but she is my only 'non-troll-threatning' champ.

Feefeekiller

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS183e69d4080426 View Post
This is Homocastle's match history with Karma
*******http://i48.tinypic.com/2ahw9ax.png********

Yea....

Basically this is a stupid noob who wanted to brag in this forum on how good he is with Karma.
(Spoiler) He isn't.

Downvote and move on, people
Because teams can't throw games and feed the enemy. Obviously any decent player will go 23-2-11.

Feefeekiller

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homocastle View Post
I've no idea why people keep trying to attack me. I made this thread to talk about Karma and her viability, that she evolves from an early bursty APC that hits like a truck and evolved into a great late game Support. And there's a reason I've never tried her as a support. SHE CAN'T. SUPPORT. ALL of her pokes will steal cs, or accidentally take kills. Not one or two like soraka or sona. Besides spamming shield, you cant use your heal unless you 'dive' onto minions and turn around to heal your carry, or youll steal cs. This is why she can't be used as a real viable support. She was a great support way back when. New meta she's way better for a mid than bot.
Actually, i've been experimenting with some friends on jungle-less games. In the current meta, I see jungle as hit-or-miss, not so much a necessity now as much as clinging to what we all know and love. This basically means your generic bot and mid comp, but a support with your top. Most supports are catered around ADC's though, but some work very well to zone out or aid their top. My personal favorites are Zilean, Thresh, Volibear, and our beloved Karma. Zilean basically takes on Yorick's job of zoning the hell out of the enemy top, allowing your top easy farm. Thresh works very well with melee's because of his pull, flay, and delicious lantern of love, as does Trollibear's flip and chomp. Karma works great with balls-in champs like Olaf, Darius, Xin Zhao, and other nasty melees. The problem I've experienced with this is now you really only have 3 people with gold and your top has a level disadvantage, relatively speaking. My solution is rush mid game, try and take early towers, make sure someone has teleport to help contest dragon since their jungler will have easy time with it (Again, relative), and make sure to let your amazingly lovely supports get some farm while you all push mid or do whatever it is you do.

RadiantPyrophore

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefeekiller View Post
Actually, i've been experimenting with some friends on jungle-less games. In the current meta, I see jungle as hit-or-miss, not so much a necessity now as much as clinging to what we all know and love. This basically means your generic bot and mid comp, but a support with your top. Most supports are catered around ADC's though, but some work very well to zone out or aid their top. My personal favorites are Zilean, Thresh, Volibear, and our beloved Karma. Zilean basically takes on Yorick's job of zoning the hell out of the enemy top, allowing your top easy farm. Thresh works very well with melee's because of his pull, flay, and delicious lantern of love, as does Trollibear's flip and chomp. Karma works great with balls-in champs like Olaf, Darius, Xin Zhao, and other nasty melees. The problem I've experienced with this is now you really only have 3 people with gold and your top has a level disadvantage, relatively speaking. My solution is rush mid game, try and take early towers, make sure someone has teleport to help contest dragon since their jungler will have easy time with it (Again, relative), and make sure to let your amazingly lovely supports get some farm while you all push mid or do whatever it is you do.
Orianna is also an incredible support for a melee champ.

Feefeekiller

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
Orianna is also an incredible support for a melee champ.
I'll look in to it, thanks.

ImNotKarl

02-07-2013

Usually if we have a top lane Teemo or Kayle and don't need a range and we have a tank jungle and don't need someone super heavy, my husband plays Xin bot, and I play Karma support for him. He doesn't mind if I farm a little bit until I can build up some AP, and we shut down almost all the meta lane comps. He can get in their faces and I'll keep him alive while bursting them down enough to make it a fast, easy kill. She is viable. She's just a niche champ that requires a lot of skill and proper timing of her kit and Mantras to work, as well as a lane partner that can use her early burst potential and play hyper-aggressively. She is one of my favorite champs for that very reason. She isn't like Sona that can passively defend a lane with her partner and poke a little bit, but she has a great, consistent heal, tons of burst, potential for a massive speed boost to allies that run through the tether and a massive slow for all enemies that do, a great shield that can seriously save a team mate at the end of a fight or make an initiate a million times more successful.

I love Karma. I would like to see some minor changes, simple buffs to make her a little more viable in a solo lane. I play her mid and solo top a lot, and she just doesn't have the mobility to handle it and her burst can feel a little weak in those positions. She's not a meta support and I feel like the balance in her kit now is trying to make her one and it just doesn't fit.

GlyphTsen

02-07-2013

I think, for myself, a lot of the issue is to do with the rigidity of the meta. As I said, Karma is not without her issues, but she is a solid AP Support. Even if played as pure support, I think people over-estimate her unintentional pushing, and forget that (given proper warding and such) that it's not actually always bad to push your lane anyway.

It would be nice for Mantras to have a little more impact, or at least to be more available at early levels, but she is fun, and with exception perhaps to particularly high ELO play will get the job done for all intents and purposes, though she takes a lot of practice, and it helps if people know how her W actually works..