Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma, the worst... Apc?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiefClive

01-27-2013

Personally I think a good way to "fix" her would be to adjust her Mantra; either reduce the number of seconds needed to charge it or to add more charges.

Best Karma Ionia

01-27-2013

Yea, I've been playing her lately and Im constantly getting the "This ****ing Karma!" [the elise I just faceraped in lane, 4-0-2 before darius came in for a gank] and she is easily one of the best characters to "Outplay" On. People underestimate her shield so they charge in if you bait with about 10% hp. You shield for half your health, heal for ~10%, then toss tether to prevent an escape from tower. The only way to beat someone 1v1 lategame is to poke, run like hell, then run back in for the unexpected burst. She's so much fun to play and the plays. The plays. Run in shield the ADC they found in the forest, by the time they get her our team comes down and my tether = constant slow and we aced. She's just. Yessss. PS, Where can I find info on her rework? Im scared theyll make her worse or darius level.

VeX BloodNinja

01-27-2013

Quote:
Sogreth:
First off, "APC" is not a thing.

Did I really just see this? Smh

Sogreth

01-28-2013

Quote:
RadiantPyrophore:
Swain, Anivia, Diana, and Lichbane Lux would like to have a word with you. Katarina, Vladimir, Cassiopeia, Evelynn and Orianna will all DPS right through your face with Hydroflouric acid..

Go read the definition of "Carry" then come back.

Carries deal the most of their damage with AD and Auto Attacks, it's right in the definition.

And Kat, Diana and Eve are all assassins, not "AP carries"

And Vlad is a tanky DPS

CLG Troll

01-28-2013

Quote:
Crimson5pheonix:
Karma's tether now silences the opponent while tethered and her shield explosion now stuns. Discuss.

EDIT: lol at thumbsdown for obvious troll

That would turn karma into a sleeper op champ
Huge Aoe stun on shield?
wtf broken
on another note, please rework her W

BlairJavin

01-28-2013

here's a way to fix her. keep her lvl 1 r, but let her upgrade it so she is in line with other champs for 5/5/5/3 skills. this makes her ratios for her q,w,e proper and better to scale, balance wise.

what the upgrades to her mantra be? that im not sure of yet. an extra mantra would be simple but borderline broken. im thinking she could just start with 1 mantra untill 6. for the others, 11/16 would be lowering the mantra cd.

or adding more mantra eff. larger mantra fan cone, a silence to a mantra w enemy, an extra eff for depleting a mantra'ed shield.

keeps her kit the same for the most part, but more likeable by the masses so they won't treat her like she is trash.

Hjørne

01-28-2013

Quote:
Sogreth:
Go read the definition of "Carry" then come back.

Carries deal the most of their damage with AD and Auto Attacks, it's right in the definition.

And Kat, Diana and Eve are all assassins, not "AP carries"

And Vlad is a tanky DPS

...Umm yeah... There are things such as APC... Tell me, where did you get your definition of Carry? There is a reason that you would say the AD Carry instead of just the Carry.

Also: Kat, Diana and Eve are both assassins AND AP carries. Champions can be more than one thing.

I'd even consider a Support a carry, because they help carry the ADC through early game by protecting them and helping them get kills.

Lycanblu

01-28-2013

her taboo stemmed from her label as a "support". Which in all honesty, she can't perform very well as in the current meta (of which i hate) Any poke she contributes also pushes creeps and takes CS. Her sub par basic attack range means that she can't run up, poke, and run back away without taking serious damage in the process.

And her heal isn't ideal in a lane situation, in which it's preferable to simply stay above 75% health, as to avoid gank deaths and kill lanes that will take advantage of any amount of missing health.

Combine this with very long CD early mantas, and very soft CC, she's not the greatest lane partner FOR THE META.

On the flip side, I love everything about her. And before the current meta some two years ago, when support were allowed their own CS, AD went mid and AP were scoffed at mid (unless you were a flash ignite Annie) and if this were a different time, Karma would be the goto support/mage out there. she has nice ratio's for late game, decent base for early game, and her Q has a wonderfully low cooldown for the damage it deals and the area it covers.

I've always loved her, but it's sometimes hard to get team mates to cooperate with you to make the full use of her kit.

Bamboo Worrior

01-28-2013

My god...you guys are funny, Karma is support. I hope this could answer all your confusion

Sogreth

01-28-2013

Quote:
Hjørne:
...Umm yeah... There are things such as APC... Tell me, where did you get your definition of Carry? There is a reason that you would say the AD Carry instead of just the Carry.

Also: Kat, Diana and Eve are both assassins AND AP carries. Champions can be more than one thing.

I'd even consider a Support a carry, because they help carry the ADC through early game by protecting them and helping them get kills.

Actually they are called "carries" not AD carries. Just...Carry.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=445109

Yes, a champ like an assassin or a support can technically "carry" the game, but they are by no means a carry themselves.

And if you're going to start using "ADC", then please use "RADC", and do it right. I'd dodge if someone picked a Yi or Trynde for bot lane, because they are "ADC"