Karma, the worst... Apc?!

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Karma Ionia

01-26-2013

"The Noxians called her, 'The Enlightened One' a nickname she embraced, and one which they would come to dread. She joined the League to represent Ionia in the ultimate political arena."

Oh Riot, if only you knew Karma's fate. She has indeed become dreaded ;by her own teammates. I've been forced to call mid and pretend to be some amazing champ such as Akali or Swain and switch to karma the last second; much to my teammates distress. I ASK YOU, FORUMS OF LEAGUE. WHY?

Karma is incredibly bursty, specifically at level 3-7 when her e, her bubble, combined with Mantra does abnormally high damage-to-level output. I got first blood on twisted fate, as well as second blood the moment he came back. I wont lie. Her midgame is indeed slow. You wont be destroying face, roaming and shutting down lanes solo like most APCs. Instead, you'll be split pushing or supporting your bad/feeding laners. But come late game? I've never played a more game-changing champion. As an APC without her passive AP increase, her shield will add about 800 hp, while dealing the same damage to all enemies nearby; priceless in teamfights. Her heal will heal 135 + 20% [on average] missing hp IN A CONE. Set up perfectly and you just healed your entire team for a large chunk of health in the middle of a team fight. What's that? Olaf is ghost ulting away? Dont worry, Ill mantra spirit bond with the ADC, we catch up to him in no time and it's an ace.

So what makes her so bad. Why is she frowned upon as both a mid champ and support, despite having the best shield and, besides soraka ult, heal? She has amazing pursuit and crippling ability, endless sustain with a chalice. I love nothing less then baiting a carry to follow me into a tower with 200 hp. Mantra shield, mantra heal, spirit bond; THE PLAYS! The possibilities! I realize her range and needing to shield an ally/herself to deal damage makes her way less reliable, but to be kicked around as the worst champ of the game, is a bit of a stretch.

I will defend Karma til the end of days!

Elf Goddess

01-26-2013

Yeah I totally agree dude. I've been playing league for some time now...a very long time. They should have buffed her a long time ago. And I used to main her, I never knew that she was so bad because no one ever told me. (this was a long time ago) and its not that she is bad, she just doesn't fit in the meta now. All of these other champs have changed to fit. And jeez, I remember when tryn was op as f*ck and he would be banned every game. You would literally LOSE every game if you wernt tryn, specially in 3's. They really need to stop making new champs, an buff/change some of the older ones. it takes them way to long to do it though. Karma has potential, and as being the first champ I bought I would really like to see her improve.

Aroph

01-26-2013

That shield is hilarious. It saves everyone. Every day. Every time.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

First off, "APC" is not a thing.

Second, she makes a decent mage and a mediocre support, she can't do one or the other really well.

Her early to mid burst damage is pretty great. Late game it falls hard, no matter how much AP you have.

She HAS to be tanky, or else you only have 1 spell. The range on Q and her AA forces her into close range, and her Bond is pretty useless in a Team fight, getting the damage off on it to the enemy team is nearly impossible without getting yourself killed.

RadiantPyrophore

01-27-2013

It's because she's hard to play, hard to learn, and hard to fit into support 0CS team comps. She also has a very odd style of play, being that mage who wants to rush right into the enemy nekkid at point blank range and then fire the cannons.

Yes, she can be amazing.

No, she can't ever be widely respected until their unfortunate rework completion.

I personally think that they should just raise her level 5 ability bases to normal scaling and just scale the level six bases one step higher, it's all she really needs.

RadiantPyrophore

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogreth View Post
First off, "APC" is not a thing.
Swain, Anivia, Diana, and Lichbane Lux would like to have a word with you. Katarina, Vladimir, Cassiopeia, Evelynn and Orianna will all DPS right through your face with Hydroflouric acid..

Anachronity

01-27-2013

Never had a problem playing her mid. It's very easy to trick people into following you, only to use your WTFshield to sustain through their damage indefinitely until they die. She has a harder time against opponents who know what to expect from her, though, and the lack of a real ultimate really hurts her.

She's one of my favorite champions, and I really hope she gets what she needs from the rework. I would love to see her passive change to scale off of something, at least. That 80 or so extra AP while you're dying isn't as great late game.

Crimson5pheonix

01-27-2013

Karma's tether now silences the opponent while tethered and her shield explosion now stuns. Discuss.

EDIT: lol at thumbsdown for obvious troll

niqht

01-27-2013

mean while, back to what's possible in reality..

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-27-2013

she's not an APC just because she has burst...

12345 ... 7