Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

More items! More builds!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XZmbeJetX

01-26-2013

Please lol

I feel that it'll probably be this way anyways eventually with each season,but I feel that more items. makes for more unique/thoughtful/particular gaming methods for each champ. I hope that one day there isn't a standard build. That when a professional gamer does come through with his build. it's unique. maybe that would be standard,but still more fun than the same build over and over. or as I like to say. moba build lol

keep up the good work guys. game is super fun.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

01-26-2013

You have no idea...

It takes forever to get one item balanced well for the game. Riot literally just pulled an overhaul where dozens of items were reworked, added AND removed. Let's wait until they've got a lot more balance work done on the current items, let them gather more data and finish the ideas they've been working on for years before egging them on to make new ideas.

nubie1005

Recruiter

01-26-2013

The problem now is that the whole balance of the game has been disrupted.

Almost all the AS/AD items are simply gone. the main ones were the old Blk Cleaver and Madred's.

Ionic spark was replaced with stack shiv.. but you only get about 1 multiple attack per 10 hits or so. Both Witts end and malady were nerfed and made more expensive.

The ranged ADC's have been nerfed badly and the balance is now heavily onto the health heavy bruisers and tanks/offtanks. Building health is the new metagame.

Until they have items that are anti - health (ie damage based on Max health of target), it will not re-balance.

Vuther

01-27-2013

Quote:
nubie1005:
The problem now is that the whole balance of the game has been disrupted.

Almost all the AS/AD items are simply gone. the main ones were the old Blk Cleaver and Madred's.

Except not main because no one bought them ever.

TealNinje

01-27-2013

Quote:
Vuther:
Except not main because no one bought them ever.

I built Black Cleaver on my ranged carries if I got enough gold early game.
I built Madred's Bloodrazors on my CryPS Amumu page (10% of max health per second, I believe it was. With a grand total of 79 magic resistance reduction, that was pretty significant.)

IonDragonX

01-28-2013

There IS a lack of quality attack speed items made to synergize with on-hit builds. I'm talking about those items that DON'T have critical chance in their stats.
Madred's Bloodrazors = gone
Black Cleaver = no longer AS
Ionic Spark = gone. replacement focuses on crits
Wits End = nerfed pretty hard
Malady = buffed but only for very high AP builds which don't buy any more AS