Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think this is an awesome idea ??

YES 11 61.11%
pfffft Noooo 4 22.22%
huh? 3 16.67%
Voters 18 .

New Gametype Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pheichia

01-26-2013

So I know a lot of people like to play certain roles in League whether it be ADC, Jungle or Top solo etc... I propose the Idea of a new game type allowing summoners to select at least 2 champion/roles they would prefer to play. The organization of how the teams will be put together will have to be done behind the curtain on riots part. Putting together teams quick and people can play the roles they desire. I have had 3 people argue about a single role that they would either play or troll over... This would eliminate the initial tension that is built in almost every draft/ranked game. Thus allowing summoners to be pleased going into a game and overall Happier gamers. I would like to have this be some-what similar to the World of Warcraft; dungeon queuing system.

Thanks for your time, please bump this thread if you think this is a good idea. or any constructive criticism would be nice

thanks again,
Brent

Worst Yasuo Bot

01-26-2013

i like this idea

Mothalius

01-26-2013

I agree with this, I've made my own threads about this in the past as have many people before.

But unfortunately, most people don't care for it and/or dislike it. I think it would be a nice change though, at least try it.

Madorbaul

01-26-2013

Quote:
Pheichia:
So I know a lot of people like to play certain roles in League whether it be ADC, Jungle or Top solo etc... I propose the Idea of a new game type allowing summoners to select at least 2 champion/roles they would prefer to play. The organization of how the teams will be put together will have to be done behind the curtain on riots part. Putting together teams quick and people can play the roles they desire. I have had 3 people argue about a single role that they would either play or troll over... This would eliminate the initial tension that is built in almost every draft/ranked game. Thus allowing summoners to be pleased going into a game and overall Happier gamers. I would like to have this be some-what similar to the World of Warcraft; dungeon queuing system.

Thanks for your time, please bump this thread if you think this is a good idea. or any constructive criticism would be nice

thanks again,
Brent

I had the same idea, and it would be awesome.

Boagster

01-27-2013

All those threads talking about role-queuing (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744432&highlight=role+queuing).

LoneWolfBrian

Recruiter

01-27-2013

That would be better than how it is now, although the queues would take a lot lot longer

Dozamen

01-27-2013

Quote:
LoneWolfBrian:
That would be better than how it is now, although the queues would take a lot lot longer

Not if you queue up as support, I'm sure it would be instant. Similar as someone that queues as a tank or a healer in the WoW dungeon finder. just my thought.

KaRaTeNiPPLeS

01-27-2013

It's a very interesting concept.. I just feel like people who que for mid or ADC would end up waiting entirely too long and plus i mean c'mon.. LoL servers handling this tall of an order?? idk. enterprising but I'm not sure how feasible.

Onij

01-27-2013

In comes the troll -
"Let me play ADC. "
"You're queued as support"
"Idc it so I could queue faster"
"No, I'm ADC..."
"If you don't give me ADC I'm trollin all game"

And the problem is still present.

Boagster

01-27-2013

What Onij said is a very good point. I understand the counter argument, "Buy you can report them!" The issue is that, as it currently stands, pre-game chat does not get reported. While you can report them using the Support Ticket function on the website, few people know this and fewer still use it. In the current state of things, it would go largely unpunished, as outright offensive players in pre-game chat do now.

There are other things Riot can (and likely should) do to decrease the amount of trolls during champion select that don't require them implementing an unnecessary, arbitrary team-forming system. I would put adding pre- and post-game chat to Tribunal reports first on the list.

There are many reasons already discussed for and against Role-Queue Systems. Please, if you want to continue the discussion, go to the thread I linked to above, read what's been said there, and then join that discussion. One mega-thread discussing the pros and cons of such a system, as well as various different ways to implement said system, is more likely to garner attention from Riot than a thousand small threads that hardly touch upon the subject.