Why does it matter who goes where?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brisket451

08-07-2013

Why does it really make a difference what champions use which lanes? I would believe that a good player(I am not one yet) should be able to do well in any lane match up. Also in theory wouldn't using different strategies help make it harder to know what the other team will do?

AsheGetsGanked

08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisket451 View Post
Why does it really make a difference what champions use which lanes? I would believe that a good player(I am not one yet) should be able to do well in any lane match up. Also in theory wouldn't using different strategies help make it harder to know what the other team will do?
Personally I dont understand how the meta formed completely. I think it would be better for the adc to go top? They wouldn't be able to get ganked easily.

VyrexTheVirus

08-07-2013

Top lane is the easiest to gank, so you need to put a champion who's able to escape/split push quickly in case the enemy jungler jumps in.

Bottom lane is the closest to dragon, so you put an ADC and a support down there to be able to obtain that objective / start a contest for it if the enemy team goes in.

Mid lane is a little iffy to me. Usually you just put a good AP champion in there because it's the shortest lane, but it has 2 sides to be ganked from, so good burst damage is good to have in that lane.

Some champions are better to jungle than others, due to having good CC / engages, being able to take buffs easily / gank with no problem.

I'm a new player so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong O:

Taoon

08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyrexTheVirus View Post
Top lane is the easiest to gank, so you need to put a champion who's able to escape/split push quickly in case the enemy jungler jumps in.

Bottom lane is the closest to dragon, so you put an ADC and a support down there to be able to obtain that objective / start a contest for it if the enemy team goes in.

Mid lane is a little iffy to me. Usually you just put a good AP champion in there because it's the shortest lane, but it has 2 sides to be ganked from, so good burst damage is good to have in that lane.

Some champions are better to jungle than others, due to having good CC / engages, being able to take buffs easily / gank with no problem.

I'm a new player so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong O:
mid lane gets level 6 fastest, meaning the burst mages can play make faster, and it also allows your burst to roam either top or bot for ganks, also close to blue buff which is important on most mid laners

AsheGetsGanked

08-08-2013

Top lane is not the easiest lane to gank period. That is mid lane sir, followed by bot lane.

Woulfz

08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwixter View Post
Top lane is not the easiest lane to gank period. That is mid lane sir, followed by bot lane.
Nope, mid lane is only easy to gank in Bronze where there are never any wards :/

MarhsallLee67

08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwixter View Post
what game are you playing?

AsheGetsGanked

08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woulfz View Post
Nope, mid lane is only easy to gank in Bronze where there are never any wards :/
The point is, there are many areas where a gank can occur, technically there are six ideal entrance points where a person can gank mid, top only has only really two. Top lane only really requires one ward, and if you dont overextend you are fine.

Woulfz

08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarhsallLee67 View Post
what game are you playing?
The game where people don't overextend without wards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwixter
The point is, there are many areas where a gank can occur, technically there are six ideal entrance points where a person can gank mid, top only has only really two. Top lane only really requires one ward, and if you dont overextend you are fine.
Top requires two ideally.... but... if the jungle wards then only one. Mid lane only needs two wards. One on their jungle entrance, and one on the opponents, that'll cover common ganking routes. And the jungle should be warding his entrance so that places the other ward forward. Only two for mid. Botlane support grabs three, for dragon, tribush and one lanebush.

Top is easier to gank for the reason that you can always come through tribush, the same for bot. Which places you behind the opponent(S) The only way to do that in mid is to come through their jungle, which, as I said, should be warded.

ModestAce

08-08-2013

To add to why mid is usually ap, it is near to blue buff and if your jungle is good enough and knows how to cooperate with the team, he is supposed to give it to you after the first time he takes it, unless you are feeding, of course.

Also if a mid is able to push up his lane, he can always roam and help the other lanes. Also a good thing about ap mid is, if he starts roaming when he has a chance, especially if he goes bot at early game, he can probably help in shutting the bot lane down, since most bot lane players don't build mr until mid/late game (support) or if absolutely needed (adc).