Matchmaking Explosion During Double IP Weekend.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyhalcyon View Post
While I agree with you in that aspect of it, I think that there are better ways to communicate it than your original response. People need to step off Riot's jock, for sure, but I'm not supporting anybody's freak-out session here, his or yours.

It would be great if we could all work together to be a better community than CoD's.
I'll give you that.

CrimsonShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Only thing that annoys me is i purchased a 1 day IP Boost so its kind of going to waste right now...
I wonder if there will be a reimbursement or maybe they will extend it for a longer period.
I just hope that i didn't pay for nothing.

BigWenus

01-26-2013

Mothalius is correct...

PoisonedPeace

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No.

Too often when the servers are down to people flock to the forums like there's a f*cking pandemic going on, and rage out at Riot for a plethora of reasons. It's a free game.

You don't own any other games? You can't go outside for an hour? You can't you know, be patient?
I understand the kids frustration. I don't really agree with it, but the servers have been pretty laggy lately. Ranked queues are disabled here and there, and disconnects in games and such.

Its a little selfish to come to the forums and chew out riot because their servers went down, but at the same time, they're a professional company that should have known that the servers would be flooded right about now. Any other company would be getting chewed out for a mistake like this. If the CoD servers went down for an hour during a double XP weekend, people would go ballistic on them. It would probably end up on the front page of a few newspapers.

PoisonedPeace

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShock View Post
The only issue i have is that i purchased a 1 day IP boost, so right now it is going to waste.
I just hope that there will be a reimbursement or a possible extension of it as i would hate to pay for nothing :-/
They always extend boosts like that when the servers are down. Im sure they will do the same here.

deadlyhalcyon

01-26-2013

Quote:
What are you talking about? How did my post in any way make it seem like Riot had a hard time with anything? The entire purpose of my post was to point out that you guys don't have a right to be upset about missing out on the extra IP, that's it.
I'm just saying that the way that you phrased this whole thing made it out like they were giving us some great and unbelievable gift. It's not the first time, and it certainly won't be the last (we can hope, because damn girl, you know I appreciate that ****) that they've done it. This is what I'm talking about, down here
V
Quote:
They didn't HAVE to give every one double xp. You didn't do ANYTHING for it.
Also, don't group me in with them, because I feel entitled to jack ****. I am just as grateful as you do have been given the IP boost, and I am not complaining at all about the ques being down.

S Holmes10

Recruiter

01-26-2013

i think that you guys should just calm down and i think that mothalius is right they are working as hard as they can and they didnt really need to give us this ip weekend

adc

01-26-2013

Quote:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No.

Too often when the servers are down to people flock to the forums like there's a f*cking pandemic going on, and rage out at Riot for a plethora of reasons. It's a free game.

You don't own any other games? You can't go outside for an hour? You can't you know, be patient?
I think the best part is that the Riot post (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post33933115) about the issue received (at the time of posting) 230 downvotes for contacting the community that they knew there was an issue.

People complain about companies not talking to their player base, but this is what happens when a company does. We rage and downvote them for acknowledging an issue and giving us updates on how the problem is coming along? Yes, I realize downvotes mean nothing, but are you serious?

deadlyhalcyon

01-26-2013

Quote:
I'll give you that.
Thank you.

Mothalius

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShock View Post
Only thing that annoys me is i purchased a 1 day IP Boost so its kind of going to waste right now...
I wonder if there will be a reimbursement or maybe they will extend it for a longer period.
I just hope that i didn't pay for nothing.
If you bought an actual boost and the servers go down, yes they extend it because you spent something on that. It's just when people are given things for free, they feel entitled to demand moar.

Lol