Matchmaking Explosion During Double IP Weekend.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

So, is Riot planning on extending this or something? It conveniently broke during the double IP weekend. Sure there is likely a correlation between server overflows and whatnot, but this should have been expected.

So Riot, ball's in your court, are you planning on extending the double IP weekend? Or adding a 1 day boost, or 4 win boost, or something along those lines on everyone's account? I'm largely curious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
So, is Riot planning on extending this or something? It conveniently broke during the double IP weekend. Sure there is likely a correlation between server overflows and whatnot, but this should have been expected.

So Riot, ball's in your court, are you planning on extending the double IP weekend? Or adding a 1 day boost, or 4 win boost, or something along those lines on everyone's account? I'm largely curious.
Balls in their court? Dumbass, ball was ALWAYS in their court. You never had it. They didn't HAVE to give every one double xp. You didn't do ANYTHING for it. They offered it up for free for everyone.

So what do you do when the servers are down and you can't make use of their free gift? You come to the forums and demand an extension? Stop being childish and assuming you're entitled to free IP. Should be thankful you f*cking got any in the first place.

/rant


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HKS

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Lol Mothalius is correct, but then again, it would be nice if they did extend it. ^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlyhalcyon

Junior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
Balls in their court? Dumbass, ball was ALWAYS in their court. You never had it. They didn't HAVE to give every one double xp. You didn't do ANYTHING for it. They offered it up for free for everyone.

So what do you do when the servers are down and you can't make use of their free gift? You come to the forums and demand an extension? Stop being childish and assuming you're entitled to free IP. Should be thankful you f*cking got any in the first place.

/rant
It's not like it really cost them anything to do it. You talk about this like each member of the Riot team had to cut their f*cking arms off and kill their first born children to do this.

Calm your ass down, buddy. I get that this post seems a little entitled, but no reason to be a great big D-Bag about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoisonedPeace

Senior Member

01-26-2013

The servers have been up and down recently anyway. Just frustrating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

Senior Member

01-26-2013

It seems everyone lately has this misleading sense of entitlement about this game, when everything they offer is free. Only when it's not 100% at their own convenience, people act like this and become snobs. I literally don't understand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demoritus

Junior Member

01-26-2013

I agree with Mothalius. It would be different if someone actually paid for the boost, but it was offered as free. So they had problems...deal with it and move on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyhalcyon View Post
It's not like it really cost them anything to do it. You talk about this like each member of the Riot team had to cut their f*cking arms off and kill their first born children to do this.

Calm your ass down, buddy. I get that this post seems a little entitled, but no reason to be a great big D-Bag about it.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No.

Too often when the servers are down to people flock to the forums like there's a f*cking pandemic going on, and rage out at Riot for a plethora of reasons. It's a free game.

You don't own any other games? You can't go outside for an hour? You can't you know, be patient?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyhalcyon View Post
It's not like it really cost them anything to do it. You talk about this like each member of the Riot team had to cut their f*cking arms off and kill their first born children to do this.

Calm your ass down, buddy. I get that this post seems a little entitled, but no reason to be a great big D-Bag about it.
What are you talking about? How did my post in any way make it seem like Riot had a hard time with anything? The entire purpose of my post was to point out that you guys don't have a right to be upset about missing out on the extra IP, that's it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlyhalcyon

Junior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No.

Too often when the servers are down to people flock to the forums like there's a f*cking pandemic going on, and rage out at Riot for a plethora of reasons. It's a free game.

You don't own any other games? You can't go outside for an hour? You can't you know, be patient?
While I agree with you in that aspect of it, I think that there are better ways to communicate it than your original response. People need to step off Riot's jock, for sure, but I'm not supporting anybody's freak-out session here, his or yours.

It would be great if we could all work together to be a better community than CoD's.