Is Nami a 'viable' support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

01-26-2013

So I bought Nami with IP, watched some videos of her, checked her win rate, got a feel for what her skills do, and I asked myself... Why would I use Nami over Nunu/Taric/Sona?

She has one of the lowest win rates for a support, might be only second to Karma, Thresh nonwithstanding since he's new.

Does Nami just, suck?

HotShotBG2EZ

01-26-2013

The bubble is really good cc if you land it and the wave is a REALLY powerful tool for initiating / catching people out. I've seen Xpecial run Nami in games and it looked good.

Little Italy 2

01-26-2013

i call myself an above average support, and i dont like playing nami compared to a taric lulu or nunu. I feel she is too reliant on her q to hit for anything to happen. Seems like im constantly spamming skills which leads to no mana faster than most support.

Shes good but i would say she is only good or just average until some small changes happen to her

Doc Zenith

01-26-2013

If you enjoy playign support and you consider yourself a deft-hand at skillshots, Nami can be very usful and rewarding for your team.

xParadox420

01-26-2013

Nami is one hell of a support. Maybe the win rate is because of lousy ADC feeding their lane and leaving their support alone and suceptable to ganks.

Her stun is awesome if you can land it, Her Heal is insane, The only thing really bad is the insanely long cooldowns and the fact that her ult is pretty easy to dodge.

I say yes, Nami is a great support, There are however too many factors to determine why her win rate ratios are in the dirt. Your support is only as good as the adc and vice versa.

Knicknevin

01-26-2013

My bones with Nami:

Nami's bubble is actually a relatively terrible CC. The issue is that the bubble has 'hang time'. Whatever the range you fire it, point blank or max, it always has the same delay before it actually hits. Which basically makes it into a worse Rupture since it hits a CONSIDERABLY smaller area, does less damage, and doesn't slow. I'm pretty sure it has shorter range as well. At least the delay isn't quite as long as Rupture. I think.

Her E sounds good on paper, but only lasting for 3 attacks drops its usefulness down considerably. That basically means it doesn't scale with any of the ADC's stats at all. Blood Boil and Janna shield are amazing because their benefits can only increase as the ADC gets stronger. Blood Boil makes every point of damage and crit chance worth considerably more. Janna shield makes attack speed much more effective. Nami's buff is totally static, scaling only off her own AP, and AP mid Nami is terrible beyond words. She may build some AP over the course of the game as support, but none of her scalings are good enough to warrant focusing on AP over more practical support items.

W is... okay? As a single target heal, it falls pretty well short of what Soraka or even Taric can do. If you get both bounces it becomes considerably more efficient, but holding onto the cooldown waiting to set those up properly isn't very practical.

Nami's passive is pathetic. Janna gives a smaller bonus, but it's active all game.

Naezma

01-26-2013

How is she not? She's one of the best supports in the game due to her AoE CC, base damage and good heals, E buff, and her Q displaces.

She's an "Offensive" support like Nidalee, Sona, Lux, or Janna.

RawMeatFlaps

07-11-2013

I play Nami as my main, and i can say that she is one of my favorite champs. To the people that say her Q is worthless, I'd have to say that you probably don't understand how to use it correctly. Yes, it is easy to dodge if you stand there and toss it around. But if you are using it in the right situation then the ability is OP. The thing that you have to learn is the way that the ability falls when thrown, it is slow moving so you must anticipate where to throw it. This makes it difficult to learn, but very rewarding if you can land it. When being chased, throw your Q down just a tad behind you and watch the enemy get stuck as you boost your speed and get away. After your R, especially in team fights, set up your Q CC enemies that are knocked up and slowed by your ult. This makes easy kills for your team. It takes practice like anything, and it is a skill shot. If you don't have the skill I'd say to choose a champ that required less skill and discipline to play.

Kagome

07-11-2013

Are you SERIOUS!?! Of COURSE she's a viable support. She's amazing, I love her so much. <3 She has so much to offer. She's just not all that popular because people would rather play a support like Taric who has a stun like Nami, only with Taric it takes one click. Nami on the other hand takes more skill to land her stun. It's worth it though!

Edit: Fack. I didnt notice the date. My bad >_> ignore this

ixiel

07-11-2013

Guys... This thread was made 6 months ago, before all those Nami buffs.