Why Dorans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onij

01-26-2013

Hey, noob here.

Why do people buy Dorans items? They don't build into anything and they give pretty minimalistic stats

Abe Lincoln

01-26-2013

They can be good, especially bot lane if you're against a champion with a lot of burst early because the little bit of hp can make a big difference and they still give you the 10 damage that a sword does. They are basically to survive the early game

Chronotakular

01-26-2013

They can help with sustaining during the laning phase. I used to think the same think, but after buying them for a bit I started to notice a huge impact with my performance and what not. Don't be so quick to judge and give them a chance!

Py3

01-26-2013

Yeah the whole idea of dorans items is to provide greater/different stats than their counterparts like,

Doran's blade - long sword
dorans ring - ability tome
dorans sheild - cloth armor

that way people have options and everyone isn't buying boots and pots all day long as their starting items. They make early game more interesting than it would be without them.

Sleipnir of Hel

01-26-2013

The new passives on them make them a great situational early item. Doran's Blade is great on ad carries who are a little behind and need some more life per hit, more damage, and a bit more hp. Also works on champions who auto attack a lot at top.

Doran's Ring is great on AP Carries. Sure that 2 mana per 5 sucks, but the hp and the ap are helpful, and 5 mana back for every successful last hit actually can make you play better, because you realize the only way for you regenerate mana properly is to get those last hits.

Doran's Shield is great at top, and I wouldn't complain if I saw one at bot. The armor and the other stats are weak, but the passive reduces auto attack damage taken from champions by 6. Don't get this if your enemy doesn't use auto attacks much, but it's good against someone like jayce or nidalee who throw a lot of random autos.

All of these items are trash late game, but the idea for buying them is "Man, I want a better item, but the one I want costs more than I have right now. Hm, a doran's is really cheap, I think it will help me in lane until I actually can afford the better items!"

Delete Teemo

01-26-2013

ACTUALLY: Dorans items give FANTASTIC stats. To compare, lets do Long Sword vs Dorans Blade

Long Sword: 10 AD, 400G

Dorans Blade: 10 AD, 80 HP, 5 hp/autoattack (artificial lifesteal) 475G

So, for just 75 g more, you're getting 80 points of hp, which alone would be outrageous .For about 3000 gold, warmogs gives just shy of 1000. But add on some lifesteal, and you've got yourself an amazingly cost-efficient item, excellent for laning.

On the downside, they sell back to the store at reduced price and don't build into anything. Although, if you are behind or want to dominate your lane, pick up a dorans item or two.

Boy Wonder

01-26-2013

its good protection early game

Yiff friendly

01-26-2013

Also, if you find yourself running clarity in mid lane with champs that are moderately mana hungry; take a different summoner spell and try a doran ring or two. The mana regen they provide, plus the health and AP is IMO way better than sacrificing a solid mid lane summoner spell like flash or ignite. Besides, clarity is a crutch. Learn to micro manage your mana and a Doran's ring will make it ten times better.

BigWenus

01-26-2013

It's actually one of the most cost effective items in the game. It might not be the most space efficient, but early game you shouldn't be buying tons of items anyways.

13ann3d4l1f3

01-26-2013

the reason for dorans -

fill that remaining gold
keep advantage
and early game stats