Windows 8 and League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NtAmericaneagle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

I am aware of many people who have been able to get LoL running without issue on Windows 8, and I am wondering what I may be missing.

I just recently upgraded my windows 7 computer to windows 8, and have been unable to logon since. Trying to log in, I always first get a "server is busy" dialog, then the next time a "An unspecified error has occurred, please contact support". I have a secondary computer with windows 7, and can still log on without issue.

I have tried the various fixes in the stickied topics, such as changing internet settings, synching the clock, and fiddling with windows firewall, without much luck.

Is there anything else people have done to fix this issue?

Thanks

Shmoses

01-26-2013

Did you upgrade as in, you had win 7 installed and you upgraded to win 8 by installing over 7 on the same PC? Try uninstalling the client and redownloading/reinstalling it.

LG MoonV2

01-26-2013

my biggest question is why retrofit a computer not fit or suited for win 8 and is better off with win 7? i dont get this upgrade

NtAmericaneagle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Shmoses, I had a windows 7 computer originally and yes, upgraded over the current windows installation with windows 8. I have already redownloaded the client with no lick.

LG Moon, not quite sure what you mean here, my computer is more than capable of handling windows 8, and I wanted to try the new OS.

Shmoses

01-29-2013

Next, I'd try bringing up Internet Explorer. Go into internet optinos -> Advanced and then restore advanced settings and reset all the data (minus your personal data). It seems stupid, but its ridiculous how deeply rooted IE is into it's operating system