Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot about leaver buster and the PBE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfsleigher

01-27-2013

My very first match was a leave
It's good to know that You need alot of leaves for you to be banned. Thanks, Wilwariniel.

Dragonsafe

01-27-2013

Quote:
Vertany:
But honestly, if there was more than one game in a row that you were unable to load and reconnect to, shouldn't you have thought about what you did to your poor teammates instead of starting games one after another? Shouldn't you have maybe repaired your Client instead and tested Custom games out first?

For the problem in question I had no idea what was going on. I figured it was just certain games failing to start (a common enough occurance on the pbe)... until i looked on the forums and saw the reports about leaves for the games showing up... and then my match history.

Mr Mystical

01-27-2013

after playing two games in the past two days with 2 and 3 leavers on my team I'm thankful for leaver buster, people can always come back into the game even after bug splat which I've had happen to me and I always just log back in and get back in the game. Leavers in PBE are worse than in the normal game and it wrecks team play especially now that we are playing ranked. People think ..oh it's PBE I can get away with all kinds of stuff ...leaving, swearing, trolling ....not true. PBE needs to be played by the rules and the Summoners Code just like normal. Can't test out the game if it's all fracked up by leavers and trolls. I'm thankful for leaver buster and other PBE bans. I for one am sick of the PBE trolls.

Macrofarad

01-27-2013

I'm lucky, only have 1-2 leaves on my account because even if I'm completely, hopelessly bug-splatted, I have two computers =P

That and when I hear of an error or find it in game, I usually test it in customs, seriously folks, saves uber large amounts of time (and angry teammates) to do it that way and in most cases the bugs respond in the same way as they would in normals.

PBE name: Joke

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

01-28-2013

Quote:
Dragonsafe:
Awesome, thanks.

Hey Dragonsafe, I just got into the office and looked up your account. The ban is due to your leaver level.

Apollinarius

01-28-2013

Quote:
dragargamegulerZ:
I'm here for ~14 months.Never left a single normal game.(I have like 1 or 2 leaves on custom matches that were against bots if i recall correctly.)
Am i the luckiest person? No.
I just try to plan my time when to play the game and when to not.

You haven't had a single in-game bugsplat in 14 months of using the PBE?

I've had worse luck with the live client, let alone the PBE. Maybe you're not the luckiest person overall, but you certainly are the luckiest person when it comes to game crashes on the PBE.

Apollinarius

01-28-2013

In my experience, the most common cause of unable to reconnect situations is a player on one of the teams having a skin whose file is corrupted on the PBE client. You will never be able to reconnect, and you can never be sure which skin of the 10 in the first game you get the problem in is the issue. You also cannot predict when someone will pick that skin again.

If it happens to be the champion you chose and the skin you chose, you are almost guaranteed to have 2 leaves in a row.

This situation here is why I've completely abandoned the PBE. The client is dodgy, as expected, and you get punished for giving Riot free testing time.

Dragonsafe

01-28-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey Dragonsafe, I just got into the office and looked up your account. The ban is due to your leaver level.

Alright.

Then 2 questions about it. Does your leaver level increase with custom games or does it only apply to normal/ranked/co-op games?
If they are included what's the reasoning behind that?

And would someones leaver level also increase if they were reported for being afk while the game does not actually end in a leave?
If it doesn't why not?

Vertany

01-28-2013

Quote:
Apollinarius:
In my experience, the most common cause of unable to reconnect situations is a player on one of the teams having a skin whose file is corrupted on the PBE client. You will never be able to reconnect, and you can never be sure which skin of the 10 in the first game you get the problem in is the issue. You also cannot predict when someone will pick that skin again.

If it happens to be the champion you chose and the skin you chose, you are almost guaranteed to have 2 leaves in a row.

This situation here is why I've completely abandoned the PBE. The client is dodgy, as expected, and you get punished for giving Riot free testing time.

If a Skin is officially bugged, then no one will be able to connect to that game and the game will not get into existance, thus not giving anyone a leave.
If only you cannot connect because some file is buggy, then you should repair the client and always make sure the patching goes smoothly.

If you check those things and regularly play Custom Games then you shouldn't get many leaves, like me or the two people who posted on the first page.

Wards win games

01-28-2013

Quote:
Dragonsafe:
Alright.

Then 2 questions about it. Does your leaver level increase with custom games or does it only apply to normal/ranked/co-op games?
If they are included what's the reasoning behind that?

And would someones leaver level also increase if they were reported for being afk while the game does not actually end in a leave?
If it doesn't why not?

Leaver level is not effected by custom games.

Leaver rating is also NOT increased by reports for "AFK".
This is due to the multiple account services they have in place. Reports are the tribunal system, which is completely separate from the leaver system.

If AFK reports increased your leaver level, people could abuse the automated features built in to the leaver system.
Example: Don't like someone on your team when you're a 4 que? All report him AFK to increase his leaver rating, and have him issued an automated ban.

Hence they are separate systems.

As such, I always personally make it a point to play a custom game fully through after a PBE patch update, (I do this even on live) to ensure I don't potentially ruin a match made game for 9 others. I would recommend all others get in the habit of doing the same!