Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot about leaver buster and the PBE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Channeled Death

01-26-2013

It's been something that's been bugging me for a while, but the pbe leaverbuster is kinda strange. Many patches come out that are bugged out for many people and cause bugsplat errors causing them to dc from games and be pretty much unable to rejoin. Enough broken patches or attempting to replicate reconnect issues will actually result in an automatic short suspension from the pbe.

Now don't get me wrong, leaverbuster is a great thing to have. The worst thing is when your trying to look for bugs in normal gameplay and all of the sudden half your team rage quit. However, it shouldn't be punishing people who are actually bugsplatting or actually looking for issues.

Which brings up this post:

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
You were banned for having too high of a leaver level.

That's troubling. If you play on the PBE and don't have a couple leaves, you either are the luckiest person alive or you haven't been here long. What is the threshold for having "too high of a leaver level?" <1%? <5%? <10%?

Maybe I'm looking too far into this. Maybe everyone who has been suspended by leaverbuster or banned from pbe for too high leaver level were all rage quiters and toxic players. But I'd hate to think there are people on PBE being punished for doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Dragonsafe

01-26-2013

Well a nice post OP there is already another thread related to this you could have post this in:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3045996

But you bring up a good point... i'm probably extremely biased tho as 1 of my pbe accounts (the one actually called Dragonsafe ) was actually just recently banned. I'm assuming it was for leaving but who really knows

In the time I've been on PBE I can't remember a time I legitimately rage quit a game. But I do remember getting a **** ton of leaves... One patch I swear I got like 10 leaves in a single day with the games that were unable to load and unable to reconnect to, only to show up in match history 20 minutes later as a leave.

Quick lesson: If anyone says that attempting to smartcast malady causes you to bugsplat, take their word for it, especially when there is a 2h login queue and you have to sit through it even though you are assigned to a game at that point.

But I digress.

I wish I could say that there is nothing to worry about, but i just got banned out of the blue. And who knows OP.

One thing that would put my mind at ease is if I was banned for leaves or if there was another reason.

@Wilwariniel?

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

01-26-2013

Hey guys, I totally understand the concern. We aren't talking about a couple of leaves here and there. The people that are getting bans have an incredibly high leaver level. It takes a large amount of leaves over a period of time to get to the levels we're talking about, as far as I understand it. I'm at home atm, but I can try to get more information when I get into the office on Monday.

Dragonsafe, I don't have access to look up accounts while I'm at home, but I can also look up the reason for your ban on Monday.

Dragonsafe

01-26-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey guys, I totally understand the concern. We aren't talking about a couple of leaves here and there. The people that are getting bans have an incredibly high leaver level. It takes a large amount of leaves over a period of time to get to the levels we're talking about, as far as I understand it. I'm at home atm, but I can try to get more information when I get into the office on Monday.

Dragonsafe, I don't have access to look up accounts while I'm at home, but I can also look up the reason for your ban on Monday.

Awesome, thanks.

Vertany

01-27-2013

Quote:
Dragonsafe:
One patch I swear I got like 10 leaves in a single day with the games that were unable to load and unable to reconnect to, only to show up in match history 20 minutes later as a leave.

But honestly, if there was more than one game in a row that you were unable to load and reconnect to, shouldn't you have thought about what you did to your poor teammates instead of starting games one after another? Shouldn't you have maybe repaired your Client instead and tested Custom games out first?

urnotalegend

01-27-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:

I got banned for busplatting twice, in one game it wouldn't let me reconnect and in the second I reconnected within minutes. Now, that was within my first four games played, so I understand that a 50% leave rate is a big deal(and trust me, I wasn't going to go straight back to queing for actual games after this), but I think it should take into account more than just percent. I am currently a level two leaver over these two bugsplats

IS1dacfae952691547dc99a

01-27-2013

Quote:
Channeled Death:
It's been something that's been bugging me for a while, but the pbe leaverbuster is kinda strange. Many patches come out that are bugged out for many people and cause bugsplat errors causing them to dc from games and be pretty much unable to rejoin. Enough broken patches or attempting to replicate reconnect issues will actually result in an automatic short suspension from the pbe.

Now don't get me wrong, leaverbuster is a great thing to have. The worst thing is when your trying to look for bugs in normal gameplay and all of the sudden half your team rage quit. However, it shouldn't be punishing people who are actually bugsplatting or actually looking for issues.

That's troubling. If you play on the PBE and don't have a couple leaves, you either are the luckiest person alive or you haven't been here long. What is the threshold for having "too high of a leaver level?" <1%? <5%? <10%?

Maybe I'm looking too far into this. Maybe everyone who has been suspended by leaverbuster or banned from pbe for too high leaver level were all rage quiters and toxic players. But I'd hate to think there are people on PBE being punished for doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I'm here for ~14 months.Never left a single normal game.(I have like 1 or 2 leaves on custom matches that were against bots if i recall correctly.)
Am i the luckiest person? No.
I just try to plan my time when to play the game and when to not.

AriesMajor

01-27-2013

Quote:
Channeled Death:

I been here over a year and don't have any leaves...

Alenym Lardio

01-27-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:

Apparently, I read that the required leaver level in order to be banned was lowered on the PBE....

Quote:
vLemon:
I understand that it is frustrating to receive a ban for leaving a game, because of a game crash and we definitely don't want to punish users for malfunctions of the client.
We have leaver buster active on PBE and it's bumping lever levels way faster than the normal server, so with relatively low amount of leaves you can get a ban. We decided to configure it that way in order to deal with people who systematically and intentionally leave games.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33910792#33910792

(He added that when you get many leaves in a row, you should write a support ticket in order to let them know it's not your fault, hence avoiding penalties.)

Ragequitternob

Recruiter

01-27-2013

Problem is mainly on this week that the server are constantly updating with patches which cause lots of disconnection restart and all of that stuff which could easily earn you a leaver level. and when you reach a certain amount it bans you which can be really annoying when you were just getting bug splats or had to restart for update