Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Race to the Challenger tier!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Recruiter

01-26-2013

Hey all,

We're going to be tinkering with the League System tuning values shortly in order to give people a chance to make it to the Challenger tier in the next couple days. Once the changes are in you'll start gaining vastly more LP from a win than you'll lose from a loss, and you'll note that you're sometimes able to skip a division when you get promoted (as long as your hidden MMR is high enough).

We've also set the max number of players/teams in Challenger tier to five and removed the grace period for being immune to demotion, so once you make it in, you'll have to battle to keep your spot.

These values, as you might guess, will not be reflective of what you'll experience on the live server.

Good luck and have fun!

Zerglinator

01-26-2013

Bring me a real challenge.

Vendorizer

01-26-2013

Oh. So that's why i went from gold division IV right to II. thanks for clarifying

Yegg

Recruiter

01-26-2013

Quote:
Vendorizer:
Oh. So that's why i went from gold division IV right to II. thanks for clarifying

It will be possible for this to happen on the live servers as well (to help players who've demonstrated that they're a lot better than their current league placement) but we've now tuned it to be much more frequent on the PBE.

Ashurion

01-26-2013

Go go go! >

Sounds like a lot of fun. :3

Merluza00

01-26-2013

Thanks!
I won't reach elo hell so fast

Xelnath

Recruiter

01-26-2013

Who will be the highest ranked PBE testers?

Warrikon

01-26-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Who will be the highest ranked PBE testers?

It will be me, hue. I was already 1400 elo before this ^_^

Arendelle

Recruiter

01-26-2013

20 minute or so queue times at plat.. hardest part of getting challenger tier is probably going to be the wait

namora

01-26-2013

dw ghost, soon enough there'll be plenty of people in the platinum range, then queue times will drop a bit.