should you just ignore bot lane if you are bot when you get gank every 40 second?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PimpinOG

01-26-2013

and try to cap their mid or top instead?

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

No. Never. Not only do they have the field advantage for their mid, but you leave your bot open hardcore if you attempt to do this and they DON'T have your bot.

Simply put, if you (you in the general sense of the word) are being ganked bot, that means there should be a constant 3v4 up top. Your top should be pushing windmill or their mid hardcore if they cannot stop the gank, since they have the numbers advantage. Ping or state that there are 2 bot and to push their top or mid. Only ignore your own bot if they are camping it and you're losing when they have your bot -- you should just move to cap their bot, put pressure on their bot point to get them off yours.

FDru

01-26-2013

If you are bot and getting ganked all the time, try to convince your team to backdoor their mid/bot. If you have one strong champ defending your mid, you can easily put a lot of pressure on their half of the map in relative safety (if you don't control Windmill, this is even easier, but if you don't control Windmill and are still getting ganked heavily then your team is probably too derp to win).

Mekboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

It depends on comp. If you're being ganked by a kassadin or some other high mobility champ it won't really matter that it's 3v4 top.

Personally I think too many people glue themselves to top and it costs them the match.

PimpinOG

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekboss View Post
It depends on comp. If you're being ganked by a kassadin or some other high mobility champ it won't really matter that it's 3v4 top.

Personally I think too many people glue themselves to top and it costs them the match.
true true all wise words everyone

AoXoA

01-26-2013

The problem is 90% of players DON'T want to bot lane, and usually someone ends up bot that doesnt want to be. I think alot of people that don't like it should try bot laning a bit more for exp and to see how fun it is. I did 50+ bot games in a row mainly with Jayce.

Problem is if your pushing too far and winning, you WILL get ganked if your team can't get top lane. Also certain champions can be pretty op bot (Jayce pre semi nerf, tho still decent, heimerdinger, teemo, jax and diana which i personally havn't used and many other champs).

Also the previous post with the 'ganking their mid' is an awesome strat and can change the whole losing game into a winning game. I got gold "Great Leader" when i was bot laning Jayce on other account and suggesting this and other strats

But no matter what, Never just leave bot lane, If your team is happy to have you die bot then thats their problem, you should suggest switching or even dual laning it to make enermies have to dual too. This can either win or lose more. People that just "rage it and leave bot" don't help themselves or the team.
Tell them you can't hold it and that you are going to leave the lane. Dont leave though, usually someone will take over. and you can just try top.

Havce fun, but my main advice is to try and do a few bot lanes in a row with dif champs or same one. just to learn how to counter certain champs. Maokie is awesome to counter heimer imo, ezreal(AD early game) can have alot of trouble though with the turrets popping up non stop and heimer stuns etc. Big post but hopefully helps you :-/

lbgsloan

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoXoA View Post
The problem is 90% of players DON'T want to bot lane, and usually someone ends up bot that doesnt want to be. I think alot of people that don't like it should try bot laning a bit more for exp and to see how fun it is. I did 50+ bot games in a row mainly with Jayce.
This has always been my #1 issue with Dominion. I do not care about Kassadin, Jayce, Blackfire Cleavertorch. Whatever. Bottom lane is NOT fun in soloq. While everyone else gets to play Dominion, you get to play Summoner's Rift. If you are forced to bot you are stuck there forever, no one will switch even if the top comp is failing hard or you have a terrible matchup bot. It's too easy to stalemate bot unless there is a massive mismatch, meaing the better top team ends up deciding bot with ganks. I've seen people just up and ditch bottom lane after dying a couple times without saying a word, or not returning when someone comes to cover. I decided to play some Domionion to tonight to farm some IP, and got stuck bottom lane every goddamn game with champions I'd rather not be bot with. Doesn't matter who you pick, I had a team comp that had a Jax, Nunu, and Ezreal on it; game starts: "Lulu go bot." Yes, that's why I picked Lulu. To Q minions for 20 minutes.

It's literally considered the 0 cs support slot of Dominion by soloq. Worst example of the night: I get stuck Cait bot vs Elise. Doing okay, Twitch comes and ganks me twice. Cait has no chance whatsoever 1v2, so I die. Ezreal on my team politely suggests a switch, but before I can even say yes please, our Rammus jumps in and goes, "NO CAIT SUCKS, LEAVE HER BOT." Leave her bot...so it's not just less fun it's actually a punishment lane apparently.

As for ditching bot if you get 1v2d all game, I feel your pain but there's nothing you can do about it. As much as I hate the bottom lane meta, the Dominion map layout means you can't win without some control over your bottom as you can't hope to hold the enemy mid for very long. If your team can't hold windmill or ignores your pleas to pressure the enemy mid while the enemy ganks you all day, it's just too bad for you. As an added bonus, you get blamed for repeatedly dying 1v2 while your top team loses their mid 3v4. I wonder why nobody wants to go bot in soloq.

Best solution I can think of is to troll it. Cheerfully say you'll take bot with someone like Leona, Rammus, or Poppy and see if someone else volunteers. If they make you go bot with a known terrible bot laner, you're queued with a bunch of SR players and were going to lose anyway.

VoidInsanity

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekboss View Post

The same is true of the reverse. In the end it does not matter which 3 towers you hold, all that matters is that you hold 3. If abandoning the bot lane allows you to hold 3 towers then it is a perfectly viable tactic should the situation arise.

weezcake

01-27-2013

If you're getting constantly ganked, go around. Take their mid. Take their bot. Do something different. Just because most people take top/mid/bot doesn't mean that you have to. Do something different and it will confuse the other team

A 2v1 bot just means that it's a 3v4 on top/their mid. Good players usually see the gank and push towards their mid point.

KaWraith

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoXoA View Post
I did 50+ bot games in a row mainly with Jayce.
Also certain champions can be pretty op bot Jayce pre semi nerf, tho still decent
Lol, Jayce is a Cheesecake tier bot laner who overruns 90% of the roster with ease. He is also excellent top and is basically permabanned at high elo.

as for the original question: if you are bot and get ganked every 40 seconds, just hug your turret and turtle. the enemy team can't afford to send a gank every 40 seconds if the gank fails, because your team will win top due to a numbers advantage.
Some lanes you cannot win, and some teams have strong gankers, so your job bot is to just turtle on the point so that it takes a 3v1 to push you off your turret.