@ lyte a good question or two for ya.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VK Ultimacloud

10-01-2014

I got this message from support due to your 2 week suspension ordeal and I have some serious questions regarding this.

As a new initiative to reduce the amount of toxicity within League of Legends, we’ve recently begun to audit players’ accounts for extreme cases of toxic behavior. Every account punished by this system was personally reviewed by someone at Riot to ensure accuracy.

After having reviewed your account, the decision to issue a 2-week suspension was made due to the extreme cases of toxicity we found. This type of toxic behavior has no place in League of Legends, and we will continue to punish players who exhibit this behavior.

Ok so I was toxic guess I will take that and say ok maybe I was being toxic not going to argue that fact and these questions aren't even about this happening to me.

Now question #1 lyte why do you think a player becomes toxic ? at any point during a game ? does a player just suddenly decide he wants to be pissed at the world for no reason and decides to rant at someone for it ? I will answer it for you its the trolls. And I have seen your post about trolls and that us yelling at them makes it worse so ok I understand.

But what I don't understand is the fact you say these people get banned when 1 week later I see the same dude doing the same ****. Example look at the current ban wave that just occoured you have who knows how many players actually got that 2 week or permaban but anyhow. You look in the forum and all you see is oh I was banned for being toxic and yelling at players.... what do you not see ? oh I was banned for trolling. Why because your not banning them..... were being banned while they go onto troll the next game and the next one.

Now say you say we are banning the trolls trust us we do it it happens all the time. Well lyte as of today I haven't seen less trolls in game in fact it still happens all the time. Would you like me to record some games when I get off my 2 week ban and show u recorded matches of the trolls ? you know what you don't see alot of ? is ppl being toxic verbally because they are getting banned like hotcakes. What I am getting at is the impact is on the verbally abusive and not the ingame toxic type players who incite this verbal abuse in the 1st place. The troll is allowed to thrive while the person angry because of it is no longer allowed to play thus ensuring the trolls victory and satisfaction in his desire to be a ****** bag.

GJ riot. So question 2 is so is it ok to be a troll ? can I stand in the middle of the map and troll others promos and die 10 times and kill noone and just farm the entire game or dance all over the map only to watch them get banned because they yell at me and I get my lulz ? cause from what I am reading on the forums this seems to be the case.

Now why is it you choose to ban the players who get upset and choose to remove that toxic issue. But yet you fail to remove the most toxic player of all and ban the cause of the toxicity in this game
the TROLLS who plague this game and cost us our matches causing us to get pissed off in the 1st place.

Why are thousands of us punished for calling someone bad or yelling at a player whos sitting in place with another player making it look like lux is giving tryndamere a *******.... why arent those ppl banned. Or the ones who just stand in lane and willingly die 10 times a game and then get reported for intentionally feeding but yet I see them in game 3 days later doing the same damn thing.

I litterally reported to you a person hacking ur game just recently and I added him on my friends list just to see if he would be punished and you know what ? hes STILL PLAYING why arent these ppl punished ???

Literally this happened in aram with a yorick who had untargetable ghouls that could stay on u hit u all day and you cannot target or harm them in any way they would simply deal u dmg over and over and you could do nothing but watch he even had them take down our towers because towers couldnt target them so ya. Yet this person is still playing as we speak.

Oh btw that person sent me a toxic message as he added me to talk smack after the game and I even sent your team his toxic message .. hes not banned still playing.

You guys fail to take care of the real issue of this game and the reason toxicity exists in the 1st place. Alot of players dont even report these trolls anymore because they know nothing is going to happen to them anyhow. maybe 1 person might report them but when we say one bad thing to that troll EVERYONE reports us like were the problem.

If your going to take toxic players seriously and ban us then u should be taking trolls seriously and banning them too.

I sent this into support as well so if I dont get a direct response from lyte I will post the response here from support. I think these questions deserve some serious answers. Again I am not questioning my ban ok what happened happened ill take it and move on but the reason the ban happened in the 1st place is where I have questions and what will be if ANYTHING will actually finally be done to take care of the issue that causes players to rage in the 1st place.

teamwork OP

10-01-2014

bro he wont respond direst and it will take support like 2 weeks to get back to u lol

VK Ultimacloud

10-01-2014

acutlly i sent in a ticket yestreday and got answered in 1 day
again if he doesnt respond then fine thats his choice support will still respond and we will still have some insight even if it is a copy paste.. lmao but this is here for alot of the players being banned etc to actually think about and maybe discuss.

VK Ultimacloud

10-01-2014

the major thing is the fact that we can visibly see that we the toxic ones who talk smack are in fact being banned by massive numbers but what we cant and dont see is the ones causing it by being a troll being banned by mass numbers. This should not be the case at all.

Impulse zabloN

10-01-2014

They may be banning obvious trolls, but they aren't banning the worst trolls. Trolls typically don't chat, and they don't leave, and they manipulate the game in a manner that current checks do not catch. They will do just enough to make the enemy team think they are 'helping'. You pretty much can't only rely on chat logs in game alone because they are not the context of the game. The person who looks bad is the one who is ticked off and raging. While maybe that isn't the best way to react, it certainly is not the catalyst. People konw that simply by not responding they can pretty much do anything and not be punished for it.

Riot, you want to fix whats broken in this game? Unbiased referees in every match. Why do you think pro sports have them? To prevent people from getting out of line.

AraMoOse

10-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK Ultimacloud View Post
I got this message from support due to your 2 week suspension ordeal and I have some serious questions regarding this.

As a new initiative to reduce the amount of toxicity within League of Legends, we’ve recently begun to audit players’ accounts for extreme cases of toxic behavior. Every account punished by this system was personally reviewed by someone at Riot to ensure accuracy.

After having reviewed your account, the decision to issue a 2-week suspension was made due to the extreme cases of toxicity we found. This type of toxic behavior has no place in League of Legends, and we will continue to punish players who exhibit this behavior.

Ok so I was toxic guess I will take that and say ok maybe I was being toxic not going to argue that fact and these questions aren't even about this happening to me.

Now question #1 lyte why do you think a player becomes toxic ? at any point during a game ? does a player just suddenly decide he wants to be pissed at the world for no reason and decides to rant at someone for it ? I will answer it for you its the trolls. And I have seen your post about trolls and that us yelling at them makes it worse so ok I understand.

But what I don't understand is the fact you say these people get banned when 1 week later I see the same dude doing the same ****. Example look at the current ban wave that just occoured you have who knows how many players actually got that 2 week or permaban but anyhow. You look in the forum and all you see is oh I was banned for being toxic and yelling at players.... what do you not see ? oh I was banned for trolling. Why because your not banning them..... were being banned while they go onto troll the next game and the next one.

Now say you say we are banning the trolls trust us we do it it happens all the time. Well lyte as of today I haven't seen less trolls in game in fact it still happens all the time. Would you like me to record some games when I get off my 2 week ban and show u recorded matches of the trolls ? you know what you don't see alot of ? is ppl being toxic verbally because they are getting banned like hotcakes. What I am getting at is the impact is on the verbally abusive and not the ingame toxic type players who incite this verbal abuse in the 1st place. The troll is allowed to thrive while the person angry because of it is no longer allowed to play thus ensuring the trolls victory and satisfaction in his desire to be a ****** bag.

GJ riot. So question 2 is so is it ok to be a troll ? can I stand in the middle of the map and troll others promos and die 10 times and kill noone and just farm the entire game or dance all over the map only to watch them get banned because they yell at me and I get my lulz ? cause from what I am reading on the forums this seems to be the case.

Now why is it you choose to ban the players who get upset and choose to remove that toxic issue. But yet you fail to remove the most toxic player of all and ban the cause of the toxicity in this game
the TROLLS who plague this game and cost us our matches causing us to get pissed off in the 1st place.

Why are thousands of us punished for calling someone bad or yelling at a player whos sitting in place with another player making it look like lux is giving tryndamere a *******.... why arent those ppl banned. Or the ones who just stand in lane and willingly die 10 times a game and then get reported for intentionally feeding but yet I see them in game 3 days later doing the same damn thing.

I litterally reported to you a person hacking ur game just recently and I added him on my friends list just to see if he would be punished and you know what ? hes STILL PLAYING why arent these ppl punished ???

Literally this happened in aram with a yorick who had untargetable ghouls that could stay on u hit u all day and you cannot target or harm them in any way they would simply deal u dmg over and over and you could do nothing but watch he even had them take down our towers because towers couldnt target them so ya. Yet this person is still playing as we speak.

Oh btw that person sent me a toxic message as he added me to talk smack after the game and I even sent your team his toxic message .. hes not banned still playing.

You guys fail to take care of the real issue of this game and the reason toxicity exists in the 1st place. Alot of players dont even report these trolls anymore because they know nothing is going to happen to them anyhow. maybe 1 person might report them but when we say one bad thing to that troll EVERYONE reports us like were the problem.

If your going to take toxic players seriously and ban us then u should be taking trolls seriously and banning them too.

I sent this into support as well so if I dont get a direct response from lyte I will post the response here from support. I think these questions deserve some serious answers. Again I am not questioning my ban ok what happened happened ill take it and move on but the reason the ban happened in the 1st place is where I have questions and what will be if ANYTHING will actually finally be done to take care of the issue that causes players to rage in the 1st place.
Did not read your wall of text. I appreciate that you are emotional right now, but it would be entirely to your benefit if you could learn succinctness.

Your questions are not really questions, tough, they are facetious statements that hope to make a point. (They do not succeed I am afraid). You are trying to tell us that the reason you rage is because of other people. Unless someone has mind control powers, this is bull****. You are ALWAYS responsible for the things you do. I encounter morons on the rift just as you do. Why don't I get banned?

I'll give you a hint, it's not because I have some magical power that you do not have, it's because I understand that people are often (usually) idiots and that there is only so much you can expect from idiots. This means I don't get angry at idiots and I don't rage at them, which in turn means I don't get reported or suspended, ever.

Aylywyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK Ultimacloud View Post
the major thing is the fact that we can visibly see that we the toxic ones who talk smack are in fact being banned by massive numbers but what we cant and dont see is the ones causing it by being a troll being banned by mass numbers. This should not be the case at all.

Retaliation is NOT allowed according to Riot's policy. It's the whole "He started it!" argument that you learned was wrong in kindergarten.

"Troll" is a VERY subjective label. If you see everyone not doing things exactly as you do as a "troll" and "retaliate" you are Toxic often enough to get Banned.

That "troll" may just be one guy having a slightly off Game. That may not happen enough, or even be Toxic by Riot's definition at all, to trigger a Ban.

You let yourself get provoked and become Toxic. Stop that. Mute, Report, and Move On.

SnuggleLumpicus

10-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylywyn View Post
Retaliation is NOT allowed according to Riot's policy. It's the whole "He started it!" argument that you learned was wrong in kindergarten.

"Troll" is a VERY subjective label. If you see everyone not doing things exactly as you do as a "troll" and "retaliate" you are Toxic often enough to get Banned.

That "troll" may just be one guy having a slightly off Game. That may not happen enough, or even be Toxic by Riot's definition at all, to trigger a Ban.

You let yourself get provoked and become Toxic. Stop that. Mute, Report, and Move On.
Sorry, it wasn't wrong in kindergarten and it's not wrong in real life.

Self defense. And plus, we're talking about an argument. You people act like he just shot a man in cold blood.

I actually am more worried about people who see someone being bullied and ignore it. They must be real scumbags.

BillyTheAttorney

10-01-2014

"We're not seeing the people who started it being banned."

I think that's the theme of the formula.

Forgive me, but I'm yet to see a post on here or in GD saying "I called him a f*****t first, why am I banned?"

I mean. You know. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

The most vocal of the recent banned waves are "I was responding to toxicity! Why am I banned?! Riot hates me and has a double-standard!"

That's as it should be. But there are two things I've learned in life.

1) The fish that takes the bait ends up cooked for dinner.
2) What I will say on the internet will completely convince you that I am right and you are wrong.... Or not. One of those two things.

You know what happens when I see two people calling each other bad? I report both of them. Neither are helping the team win, and they're so busy trying to spite each other that more often than not they're hurting the other 3 people who are just trying to play.

Remember, when "You defend yourself from toxicity" because you know, you're like a "Real Man on the Internet" or whatever, you're essentially making the other players on your team who would rather have chat filled with flash, dragon, baron, and ward timers have to sort through all your petty bull**** when "we get it, you hate each other."

SnuggleLumpicus

10-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
"We're not seeing the people who started it being banned."

I think that's the theme of the formula.

Forgive me, but I'm yet to see a post on here or in GD saying "I called him a f*****t first, why am I banned?"

I mean. You know. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

The most vocal of the recent banned waves are "I was responding to toxicity! Why am I banned?! Riot hates me and has a double-standard!"

That's as it should be. But there are two things I've learned in life.

1) The fish that takes the bait ends up cooked for dinner.
2) What I will say on the internet will completely convince you that I am right and you are wrong.... Or not. One of those two things.

You know what happens when I see two people calling each other bad? I report both of them. Neither are helping the team win, and they're so busy trying to spite each other that more often than not they're hurting the other 3 people who are just trying to play.

Remember, when "You defend yourself from toxicity" because you know, you're like a "Real Man on the Internet" or whatever, you're essentially making the other players on your team who would rather have chat filled with flash, dragon, baron, and ward timers have to sort through all your petty bull**** when "we get it, you hate each other."
It's funny you put sticking up for yourself as a "real man" line. I feel everyone should be able to stick up for themselves. If you believe differently, I feel sorry for your children. The world is not going to get better.

What it comes down to is whiners not being able to deal with two people arguing. Ignoring a bully until the victim is forced to stick up for them self, and then punishing the victim. Since when should an online argument cause months of distress? Please. People like you have made this what it is.