So, whats going on here..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyDeath6661

3 Days Ago

I look through these threads & everyone is getting 2 week bans.

Guess Im one of those people? ..Just got a email saying my account has been banned till Sept 9th. Just bought a 7day Xp/Ip Boost. So thats pretty good. As far as I know, Ive only been reported once about a month ago. The reason is not listed in the email. I just lost out on $15 so.. Ty Riot.

For a game that has the playerbase & income they have, you think they would have a little bit better customer support. I know there is 100 threads of this, but we are in that part of the forums. I was a win away from 28.. been putting in 10+ hours a day trying to get ranked & this happens. I dont even want a reason at this point, Ive just lost the will to even play.

Off to find another game that doesn't ban without warning & reason.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Just bought a 7day Xp/Ip Boost.
XP and IP boosts are put on pause while you are suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
"I just bought a time boost and now I'm banned. Grrrrrrrmad!"

From WookieeCookie: (link)
First to clarify, when you are banned by the Tribunal any boosts on your account are paused, and the duration will resume when you return.
It is safe to assume that the same is true of manual bans.

JohnnyDeath6661

3 Days Ago

Quote:
XP and IP boosts are put on pause while you are suspended.
Thats one good thing to learn. But still, 2 week bans are the last warning.. I got over $100 into that account.. This is my first ban. That seems rough.

Im not toxic, I mean im not gonna sit here and cry about it. I just think if people are going to put time and money into something, when its taken away from them, there should be a reason.

Shelzin

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeath6661 View Post
Thats one good thing to learn. But still, 2 week bans are the last warning.. I got over $100 into that account.. This is my first ban. That seems rough.

Im not toxic, I mean im not gonna sit here and cry about it. I just think if people are going to put time and money into something, when its taken away from them, there should be a reason.
There is a reason... We just don't know what that reason is. Riot doesn't share that information with us.

JohnnyDeath6661

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
There is a reason... We just don't know what that reason is. Riot doesn't share that information with us.
Im sure theres a reason, but if they dont share that with the person getting punished, its unfair and unjust, would you be okay with the cops coming and arresting you without reason? Its bad PR for Riot to be doing this. Im done for now with LoL. Ill be back on the 9th to see if my boost are still there, but if Im just gonna get perma-banned without reason in the future then I dont want to sink anymore of my money and time into this game.

Erdrik

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeath6661 View Post
Im sure theres a reason, but if they dont share that with the person getting punished, its unfair and unjust, would you be okay with the cops coming and arresting you without reason? Its bad PR for Riot to be doing this. Im done for now with LoL. Ill be back on the 9th to see if my boost are still there, but if Im just gonna get perma-banned without reason in the future then I dont want to sink anymore of my money and time into this game.
The Tribunals transparency was automated.
With it down for updates, the reasons for you punishment must be obtained manually.

The best way to find out specifically what banned you is to ask for chat logs.

Either ask in an @Lyte thread in GD, or submit a support ticket to Riot(not for chat restrictions).

Asking Lyte will be quicker but will have the result posted publicly.

If you go the Support Ticket route, be sure to be legible and specific.
Don't ask them to review your chat logs.
They already did. Thats why you were punished.
Do not attempt to prove your innocence or makes excuses.
Simply be short specific and legible.
Don't bring up unrelated things, just ask for the logs.
You should get the logs in 3 to 6 business days, but keep in mind they are swamped with requests and it may take longer.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Days Ago

Quote:
But still, 2 week bans are the last warning.. [snip] This is my first ban. That seems rough
No offense, but this is wave three of these escalated bans (we call them "2500 bans" because that's the code associated with them if they become permanent) and our experience has been that they're highly accurate. Lyte has a policy of making a personal, public apology to anyone who us unfairly affected by any of the behavioral systems. So far, he has had to do so once for these 2500 bans.

You have a couple of options:
* Go to GD and ask for your chat logs
There's no guarantee that Lyte will see your request and respond. Also, doing this constitutes your consent to release your logs publicly. You might not want the attention.

* Put in a support ticket
You need to specifically ask for your chat logs or else you're likely to get a boilerplate answer. Also, Player Support is swamped right now, so it might take a while to get a response.
EDIT: Shen'd!

shade x89

3 Days Ago

Shelzin, just quit, they will keep making silly bans, for no reason, they're trying to stop the "toxic" people instead of trying to fix their servers or more important things, you cant tell the enemy nice move being sarcastic because it was obviously a bad move or you get banned, you cant make a joke anymore or you get banned, tribunal is broken

JohnnyDeath6661

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrik View Post
The Tribunals transparency was automated.
With it down for updates, the reasons for you punishment must be obtained manually.
Well checking my chat logs wont do any good, I rarely ever talk in game.

I just saw that I had an email 3 days before the ban saying that I got reported for leaving a match or something.

Your account now has a level 1 Leaver penalty. This is because in your recent games you have either been AFK (away from your keyboard) for an extended period of time or you disconnected from the game. Every summoner contributes to their teamís victory or defeat on the Fields of Justice. Those who repeatedly leave games or idle during gameplay hurt their team and the overall experience of all Summoners on the field.

We had a bad storm pass through about a week ago, only went offline during one game. How do the reports work? Like I was to report a random person for leaving the match, how does that report once I send it in, tell if Im telling the truth? What If I went and reported everyone in a random match for verbal abuse. How would the system know that Im telling the truth? I like the game, dont get me wrong. Just worried that Im gonna be wasting my time playing if Im going to get banned for something that I have no clue I done. Thanks btw for the quick replys. Now if only Riot could do the same.

Also I did submit a ticket, but from what I hear they wont reply till about the time your ban is lifted and it does no good. Oh well, Im not mad, just disappointed.

Ulanopo

3 Days Ago

Quote:
What If I went and reported everyone in a random match for verbal abuse. How would the system know that Im telling the truth?
There's a system in place that detects false and malicious reports.

Quote:
"What does 'report weight' mean?"

There is a separate system that analyzes the quality and accuracy of your reports. (link)
To give you brief glimpse into what one experiment is testing, first, we have to understand that the Reporting system is different than the Tribunal system. The Reporting system's sole job is to calculate a player's report accuracy, and a lot of fancy math has gone into the system to make sure that a report is only taken into account when it is accurate. So, if a player is a consistently negative player themselves, their reports might be worth less because the system may consider them a bad judge of others' behaviors. If a player troll reports and gets their 3 friends to troll report, the system will completely toss the reports out. All of the experiments that use reports benefit from the above system to make sure that players aren't able to just abuse someone with random reports.
This system has been around from the beginning of the Tribunal: (link)

The Tribunal does take into account the credibility of the people who file reports. If you are a positive player in League of Legends and only report when the offenses deserve it, your reports will actually be worth a lot more in the Tribunal than someone who abuses the reporting system and falsely reports lots of players.

The short version of this is that people who report responsibly count for more when triggering a case. Conversely, people who abuse the report system can have their report weight lowered to effectively zero, meaning that they cannot trigger cases. They might also be subject to other sanctions during one of Riot's periodic ban sweeps.

[Note: I can't find RiotKiddington's quote on report weight zero.]
Not to toot my own horn, but I feel that you would benefit from reading the Knowledge Base and the Mini-KB on Chat Restrictions that are stickied at the top of the page.