Is Cho'Gath Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RayDrazon

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharesized View Post
You don't think knocking people in the air,throwing spikes out of nowhere,hitting people with your stinky breath, and eating them isn't cool :O if that isn't viable I don't know what is
How high of a skillcap does he have?

Shiftless

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRayDrazonx View Post
How high of a skillcap does he have?
His knock up is a little tricky to do but once you mastered it you should be owning all champs in either mid lane or top lane.

RayDrazon

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharesized View Post
His knock up is a little tricky to do but once you mastered it you should be owning all champs in either mid lane or top lane.
So... He has a low skillcap?

ProfDrDeath

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRayDrazonx View Post
So... He has a low skillcap?
Not really...mid to decently high skillcap, I'd say.

Surviving top lane early can be quite tricky against the wrong people, for once. Others can turn the lane into a farmfest, and thereby into their favor (Looking at you, Nasus/Olaf/Irelia/Jax).

Jungle Cho is safer to get into, and you don't need an early blue buff (meaning you can start red and give it away to your mid lane pretty fast). Ganks are terrifying if you're not spotted by wards, but really depend on landing that Q...

Mid Cho is pretty fun, too. He, as mentioned, can indeed counter some of the more popular picks (Katarina, for one. Her harass won't stick due to the passive, and if she tries to roam, her tower falls really fast). However, he has problems against the more farm-oriented lanes and really mobile teams (If Rupture doesn't hit, you lose a lot of damage).

Teleport as your second Summoner is a really nice pick on both top and mid Cho.

RayDrazon

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDrDeath View Post
Not really...mid to decently high skillcap, I'd say.

Surviving top lane early can be quite tricky against the wrong people, for once. Others can turn the lane into a farmfest, and thereby into their favor (Looking at you, Nasus/Olaf/Irelia/Jax).

Jungle Cho is safer to get into, and you don't need an early blue buff (meaning you can start red and give it away to your mid lane pretty fast). Ganks are terrifying if you're not spotted by wards, but really depend on landing that Q...

Mid Cho is pretty fun, too. He, as mentioned, can indeed counter some of the more popular picks (Katarina, for one. Her harass won't stick due to the passive, and if she tries to roam, her tower falls really fast). However, he has problems against the more farm-oriented lanes and really mobile teams (If Rupture doesn't hit, you lose a lot of damage).

Teleport as your second Summoner is a really nice pick on both top and mid Cho.
As long as he doesn't seem too popular...

The popular ones always get nerfed :P

That's one of the reasons I main Anivia- Not many play her because she's not beginner friendly but once you do get to know how to use her, she wrecks. Since she's the champion that not everyone uses, she most likely won't get nerfed so my time invested in her won't go to waste.