Is Cho'Gath Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RayDrazon

01-26-2013

The title says it. Is Cho'Gath viable currently? I've been looking to buy some more cheap champions that suit what I need. Currently, what I need the most are Top and Jungle.

Cho'Gath, from what I've read so far, can fit both Top and Jungler lanes really well and I've even seen some go mid.

So, is Cho'Gath viable? If so, which role does he benefit the team most?

Do you have any guides you could recommend to me? If so, please share.

Please post and comment below. Thanks.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-26-2013

At first I thought you were joking in all honesty

Yes, he very viable. He has good sustain through his passive, great CC, and is a brick wall late game when built tanky.

RayDrazon

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fs Son0fSilas View Post
At first I thought you were joking in all honesty

Yes, he very viable. He has good sustain through his passive, great CC, and is a brick wall late game when built tanky.
I'm not joking; I just honestly don't know anymore. I've been away from LoL for a while and many things have changed.

What lane is he best in?

XMoulinRougeX

01-26-2013

Tanky Cho goes top and nuker AP cho goes mid.

Tanky cho'gath is unstoppable because 6 stacks+warmogs is A LOT of hp. A ridiculous amount really. His q and w can disrupt the team and win team fights.

AP cho'gath is still quite tanky but his q & w hit extremely hard and AoE AND have cc. His q is enough to change a fight. Plus his e toggle is no joke either. I always play AP cho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The bad thing is, most people cannot aim his skill shot q so they end up failing with him. The trick to aiming q is to aim the tip of the circle at the target and leave most of the circle behind them so that when they run back (which they will) it wont miss.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Seriously? I'd call viable and well known in 2/5 roles. Capable of filling two more. High CC, good sustain, great farming ability, and overall good damage.

A little annoying because I'm actually starting to see him banned in ranked.

RayDrazon

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
Seriously? I'd call viable and well known in 2/5 roles. Capable of filling two more. High CC, good sustain, great farming ability, and overall good damage.

A little annoying because I'm actually starting to see him banned in ranked.
It would be nice to actually state the roles lol. Also, is he rely that influential to be banned over all the other ban worthy champions?

FreeGothitelle

01-26-2013

He's generally seen top or jungle, building tanky in both roles.

Mid cho is viable to shut down someone like kat in lane as well.

He's one of the most common junglers in tournaments, only really noct and amumu see more use.

RayDrazon

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGothitelle View Post
He's generally seen top or jungle, building tanky in both roles.

Mid cho is viable to shut down someone like kat in lane as well.

He's one of the most common junglers in tournaments, only really noct and amumu see more use.
What about Lee Sin?

CarryOke

01-26-2013

I usually go Mid Cho.

Tankier than most mid champs. Immovable object in lane and reduce risk of ganks, this helps his poor mobility due to mid being the shortest lane. AP nukes really hard (Dat Feast). Good counter initiator. And it annoys all the current snowball mid FotM champs.

Shiftless

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRayDrazonx View Post
The title says it. Is Cho'Gath viable currently? I've been looking to buy some more cheap champions that suit what I need. Currently, what I need the most are Top and Jungle.

Cho'Gath, from what I've read so far, can fit both Top and Jungler lanes really well and I've even seen some go mid.

So, is Cho'Gath viable? If so, which role does he benefit the team most?

Do you have any guides you could recommend to me? If so, please share.

Please post and comment below. Thanks.
You don't think knocking people in the air,throwing spikes out of nowhere,hitting people with your stinky breath, and eating them isn't cool :O if that isn't viable I don't know what is