Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

01-30-2013

Qeeick

01-30-2013

Quote:
Noxian Mercenary:
I mean I'm not going to dictate how Kat should be played. The problem is that the Season 3 meta actually counters Katarina perfectly, so there's no way for her to compete other than to adapt.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I understand how the meta changed, and builds change, but my problem is tanky pen kat plays nothing like how she used to. I'd be fine if they made her play more like old kat, but she only needed to build a rylia's to survive.

Similar to how akali used to be able to build glass cannon in some games, but now she really needs the health to survive.

What I want is her to be more reliant on her ult/kiting with q/positioning/cc similar to before. And not just be able to jump in and spam spells with little skill

I've been playing more akali now since she is the closest champion to pre-rework kat in game.

Noxian Mercenary

01-30-2013

Same here, Akali's been my go-to assassin nowadays. All I need on her is Gunblade and Lich bane. Because she's so consistent with her damage and sustain, she beats out most bruisers when they don't build resistances. Gunblade, Lich Bane, Rylai's, Warmog's, Sunfire's, Merc Treads.

Qeeick

01-30-2013

I don't think akali needs that much health. I've found I don't need anymore than the 500 from rylia's, and I'd rather have a void staff or zonya's over a warmogs/sunfires.

But that's just me

Noxian Mercenary

01-30-2013

Oddly enough, I find that Akali doesn't need that much damage. A void staff is unnecessary in a meta where health-stacking is prevalent, and mR over 120 isn't seen that often.

But to each his own.

Qeeick

01-31-2013

Quote:
Noxian Mercenary:
But to each his own.

Agreed. and bump

Katarìna

01-31-2013

Quote:
Noxian Mercenary:
Hey man, I'm just glad that Kat's detriments are getting more publicity. As selfish as it is, I really want to see her fixed.

That said, Tiensi didn't exactly make it sound like her current situation is a problem. I miss glass-cannon AP Kat, whereas Tiensi seems to have just accepted that Warmogs/Sunfire/Liandry's/Rylai's Kat is the only way to go now.

Which is most of the reason I'm being as obnoxious as possible to noobs in that thread. The entire length of it is full of TnA fanbois who likely don't even play Kat but just think it's entertaining to watch him play Kat.

And yes, his resignation to how Kat is currently is a huge betrayal. He does have influence, he should fight it.

Katarìna

01-31-2013

I would play Akali, but I'm too impatient to sit in smoke and combo.

Qeeick

01-31-2013

Quote:
Katarìna:
I would play Akali, but I'm too impatient to sit in smoke and combo.

I haven't been able to use it for the stealth much past lanning. Enemy support/jungle keeps buying pinks for teamfights and oracles late game. . But the extra resistances are really helpful.

&bump.

VanceStubbs

01-31-2013

This thread is hilarious.

So deluded...