Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bonfire10

01-28-2013

Quote:
Purgation:
For what it's worth, I never liked the old Kat, but love the new Kat. (and yes, maybe she is a little OP, if by OP you mean AP Mid that is still viable)

While I never played the old Kat much, she felt clunky and awkward to use. New Kat has a nice, fluid feel that I love.

Lol this thread is not for people who think kats op... We all think she was much better off before the rework. This thread isn't a kat op QQ thread asking for nerfs/rework. It's a thread for people who think they ruined old kat's design and she is far too easy to do damage with and has an extremely low skill cap now. She was a very dynamic champion before the rework, now she's a boring, safe, tanky ap, not an assassin like she was meant to be. Trust me, I don't even think she's still viable except at low elo.

The thing that changed was her play-style, if you like building more tanky you probably prefer her now. But glass cannon assassins saw a blatant drop in damage cap and a lower skill cap, making new kat a much less potent assassin than she was before the rework.

Noxian Mercenary

01-28-2013

Well right now her problems are compounded. Up until Season 3 she was absolutely fine. Then health-stacking began, and she lost her place, unless she too joins the ranks of Voyboy.

She's a great assassin that does well against a team with 3 squishier targets (think a Sona/Janna/Lulu support with an AD, a bruiser top, squishier mid, and a bruiser jungle).

Noxian Mercenary

01-28-2013

Another for ze road.

Also thanks for keeping this alive while I was at school.

Jinxed Amulet

01-28-2013

Just a little curious, would Riot actually revert Kat if enough people requested it? Or is this hoping that they would just check this out for consideration?

I'm so thankful that someone actually made this thread (and many others) (THANKS NOXIAN) because I'd never actually voice my concern over missing the old Kat, but hell I'd post in here everyday if it'd get her back.

She was my favorite champion, and it hurts seeing them get completely changed It happens to almost all of my favorites, makes it hard to enjoy playing League honestly x.x

Syon

01-28-2013

Bump. Riot pls.

Blue Prism

01-28-2013

Quote:
Jinxed Amulet:
I'm so thankful that someone actually made this thread (and many others) (THANKS NOXIAN) because I'd never actually voice my concern over missing the old Kat, but hell I'd post in here everyday if it'd get her back.
seconded.

bonfire10

01-28-2013

Quote:
Jinxed Amulet:
Just a little curious, would Riot actually revert Kat if enough people requested it? Or is this hoping that they would just check this out for consideration?

She was my favorite champion, and it hurts seeing them get completely changed It happens to almost all of my favorites, makes it hard to enjoy playing League honestly x.x

Like I suggested, they could easily just make it so when you select katarina you could pick one of 2 version of her. Her current version or the pre-rework version. You'd still only be able to have 1 katarina on your team in normals and only 1 in the game for ranked (although I don't if they should make it so you have to ban each type of kat individually or a single ban would ban both versions). The difference between the two would be evident in picking so the enemy team isn't left in the dark if they see you pick her.

This way people who like her now can keep playing her and we can have our old kat back, and no one complained about old kat being op, so no one is unhappy with this. We could even name them differently to make it even more evident when picking which one the person has selected.

For example: The old katarina could be referred to as "katarina1" and the current katarina could be referred to as "bad". That way it's easy to tell them apart and the community can decide which one they prefer.

bonfire10

01-28-2013

Quote:
Noxian Mercenary:
Another for ze road.

Also thanks for keeping this alive while I was at school.

I'll keep it bumped for weeks.
My LoL status has been "revert kat please, riot" ever since the rework.

Katarìna

01-28-2013

Quote:
bonfire10:
Like I suggested, they could easily just make it so when you select katarina you could pick one of 2 version of her. Her current version or the pre-rework version. You'd still only be able to have 1 katarina on your team in normals and only 1 in the game for ranked (although I don't if they should make it so you have to ban each type of kat individually or a single ban would ban both versions). The difference between the two would be evident in picking so the enemy team isn't left in the dark if they see you pick her.

This way people who like her now can keep playing her and we can have our old kat back, and no one complained about old kat being op, so no one is unhappy with this. We could even name them differently to make it even more evident when picking which one the person has selected.

For example: The old katarina could be referred to as "katarina1" and the current katarina could be referred to as "bad". That way it's easy to tell them apart and the community can decide which one they prefer.

They'd never do that. It would be a 'burden of knowledge' situation in which you'd have to know how to deal with both versions of Kat, and know that both versions of Kat exist. There are people who think that Kat has been this way for forever and don't even know she ever got a rework.

As much as I would like to be able to play old Kat, I think a more feasible dream is to want current Kat's reliance upon SS to be lessened.

It needs cooldown nerfs and base damage nerfs at later ranks. It needs to be turned into a glorified Mark popper and move speed buff so damage can be put back on BB and Shunpo.

mdiaz2828

01-28-2013

All aboard the old Kat desire train!