Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashi

01-27-2013

Quote:
Merrin Rattas:
Yeah, you're right. I'm tired, memories are a bit screwy.

Playing her pre rework, that's always where I felt the weakest. Now it feels like they cut off 1 sec of her ult, moved it to her w, and spread her old w out.

Seems like a recipe for a strong champ to me. Imagine if they took garens ult. reduced the damage by 1/3 and threw him an aoe nuke on his w. Not the best analogy but appropriate I think.Essentially makes your early game stronger and doesn't really reduce your overall damage.

Noxian Mercenary

01-27-2013

Yeah, I can see that. The problem is the self-utility associated with it, and the fact that it's actually pretty powerful AoE.

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

But again, Kat still deals less overall damage rework than prework.

Noxian Mercenary

01-27-2013

Quote:
Merrin Rattas:
But again, Kat still deals less overall damage rework than prework.

Depends. I keep hammering her Sinister Steel because I believe it is the problem through-and-through. AoE is not to be underestimed.

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

Quote:
Noxian Mercenary:
Depends. I keep hammering her Sinister Steel because I believe it is the problem through-and-through. AoE is not to be underestimed.

I'll admit, I did originally like the idea of Sinister Steel. Not after it came out, though.

Xiao Rettousei

01-27-2013

KAT REWORK REVERT WHErE

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
Merrin Rattas:
I'll admit, I did originally like the idea of Sinister Steel. Not after it came out, though.

When I saw it I was like, "oh that's cool, that will be a nice change from her current W and will give her some more guaranteed damage." Then the patch notes came out and Riot was like, "Do you mind if we nerf literally every other aspect of her to give her this completely average spell that barely fits her kit?" We wanted a reworked W, not a reworked champion.

Katarìna

01-27-2013

Tried to play Triple Pen today. It was going well until a jungle Panth started camping me with a Kha. I really didn't want to build Sunfire and Warmogs, but I ended up having to to survive the focus and win.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
Katarìna:
Tried to play Triple Pen today. It was going well until a jungle Panth started camping me with a Kha. I really didn't want to build Sunfire and Warmogs, but I ended up having to to survive the focus and win.

Why build ap when you have **** scaling and you're going to get your base damage resets off from surviving so long anyway? Too bad there's no true assassin in the game anymore except maybe fizz.

Runellieb

01-27-2013

bump good read and want the revert, dont like new kat as much (to play as or against)