Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netkitten

01-27-2013

>Well numbers ran, she does deal quite a bit less damage now than she did before rework in the hands of a lucky player.

fixed

Katarìna

01-27-2013

Quote:
bonfire10:
Or they could just revert her, solving every problem at once. I wouldn't even take her current W over killer instincts. Killer instincts was the ****. Giving bonus damage to auto attacks and spell hits, giving you actual reliable harass from range. A Killer instincted Q would take a wave of minions down to 1 auto attack of health anyways. Farming was made easier, but it was just as possible before.

Revert is so unlikely it's not even feasible to ask for.

Katarìna

01-27-2013

The best solution for us to attempt is to try to get current Kat turned into as close to old Kat as possible. This means a complete gutting of the abomination that is SInister Steel.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
netkitten:
>Well numbers ran, she does deal quite a bit less damage now than she did before rework in the hands of a lucky player.

fixed

I guess Tiensi no Akuma was just lucky for all 3000 games he played with katarina. He'd first pick her in ranked and not give a **** about the amount of cc the other team had to stop him. CC was nothing but a false sense of security against a good kat.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
Katarìna:
The best solution for us to attempt is to try to get current Kat turned into as close to old Kat as possible. This means a complete gutting of the abomination that is SInister Steel.

Full Q revert at the least. Tired of pushing lane at level 1 for just trying to farm or harass.

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

One thing I have to wonder: If Kat has no CC, is made for damage only, and has low damage in the first place...why are they nerfing her damage in the first place? Damage is literally all she has!

netkitten

01-27-2013

Quote:
bonfire10:
I guess Tiensi no Akuma was just lucky for all 3000 games he played with katarina. He'd first pick her in ranked and not give a **** about the amount of cc the other team had to stop him. CC was nothing but a false sense of security against a good kat.

i guess that when a champion is viable no one is surprised that somebody can play them well

cryte

01-27-2013

I personally love new Kat.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
netkitten:
i guess that when a champion is viable no one is surprised that somebody can play them well

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

If you're saying she was viable and it's not surprising that people could do well with her, why did you previously say that she was based on luck and not skill.

Noxian Mercenary

01-27-2013

Quote:
Ezekiel73:
I personally love new Kat.

What about her do you like over old Kat?