Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdiaz2828

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfire10 View Post
Or they could just revert her, solving every problem at once. I wouldn't even take her current W over killer instincts. Killer instincts was the ****. Giving bonus damage to auto attacks and spell hits, giving you actual reliable harass from range. A Killer instincted Q would take a wave of minions down to 1 auto attack of health anyways. Farming was made easier, but it was just as possible before.
The only 'plus' I can see from new Kat is that her BB hits all targets at level 1. BUT the issue with that it is weaker at the early level as well. I loved hitting an enemy with a level 1 BB before, because it was significantly stronger.

A Rabid Teemo

01-27-2013

+1 for old kat players

used to play her all the time, now I very rarely even consider her.

I MAXED SHUNPO FIRST.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

today kat is better and is in a good spot
last year kat sucked, was underpowered and was played mostly by enthusiasts

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrin Rattas View Post
The only 'plus' I can see from new Kat is that her BB hits all targets at level 1. BUT the issue with that it is weaker at the early level as well. I loved hitting an enemy with a level 1 BB before, because it was significantly stronger.
Ya when I read that at first I was like "hah, they're making it look like a buff, that's cute."

It's weaker but it hits 5 targets at level 1 now.
So not only is my only range harass/last hitting ability weaker, but it also pushes the lane at level 1 passively from just farming or harassing. Isn't that nice. Not like you need more than 2 bounces at early level anyway, unless they are 5 man pushing mid. It also means I lose 1 bounce overall, which wouldn't be a problem if you didn't max Q first, but you do. So what's the point of giving you the perk at an early rank (even though it isn't a perk) if it's the spell you're maxing first anyway.

It was like they took a 10 dollar bill away from us then gave us a 5 dollar bill back and said "are we even?" Except it wasn't even a 5 dollar bill, it was a one dollar bill with the "1" crossed out and a 5 written in its place with crayon.

Ya that pretty much sums up what the rework did for her Q.

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
And that was actually an improvement back then, believe it or not. Now everyone plays her. This topic is a healthy mix of TvTrope "They changed it, now it sucks", TvTrope "It's popular, now it sucks" and actual, reasonable complaining.

Noxian Mercenary

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
Kat is being nerfed consistently and it's starting to show, and she's going to be extremely hard to play because of how much of a natural advantage other midlaners have on you. Riot was supposed to improve her laning phase, not gut it.

The Stallion

01-27-2013

Old Kat took at least took some skill as compared to current kat. I haven't even considered playing current kat since the rework, since it just seems no skill. Before you had to know when to go in, who could stop you. if you did well on old kat: hilariously strong. If you messed up on old kat: you got repercussions. Big ones. New kat is: go in whenever you feel like it and get kills with 0 repercussions.

netkitten

01-27-2013

we will see if you are right, at this moment kat has relatively decent winrate and is often picked/banned even in the competitive play
i am afraid they can accidentally overnerf her though.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrin Rattas View Post
And that was actually an improvement back then, believe it or not. Now everyone plays her. This topic is a healthy mix of TvTrope "They changed it, now it sucks", TvTrope "It's popular, now it sucks" and actual, reasonable complaining.
Well numbers ran, she does deal quite a bit less damage now than she did before rework in the hands of a skilled player. She also had superior utility, lane presence, and a better passive. All they did was give her easier farm while nerfing most everything else and people flocked to her because of how easy she became to do well with.

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfire10 View Post
Well numbers ran, she does deal quite a bit less damage now than she did before rework in the hands of a skilled player. She also had superior utility, lane presence, and a better passive. All they did was give her easier farm while nerfing most everything else and people flocked to her because of how easy she became to do well with.
I know numbers ran she is weaker. I literally ran the numbers a few pages back.