Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

01-27-2013

Hopefully we'll get something different. Morello and Xypherous are both great at having lengthy discussions so long as people are willing to space themselves from the emotions that often fuel one-sided arguments.

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

I'm doing my best to stay level-headed in the Katarina argument. I'm far more one-sided and demanding in my Karma argument, but a different kettle of things.

VoidBro

01-27-2013

no you can't

mdiaz2828

01-27-2013

Well we're going to talk anyway.

Noxian Mercenary

01-27-2013

Well considering Riot responds to either joke threads or green thumbs, keeping this thread alive and kicking is the way to get some answers, I think.

Boku Girl

01-27-2013

free bump for you

SonsofaBastages

01-27-2013

Bump for Noxian Justice!

But really, I do miss the old Kat - if they don't want to "go back on a rework" I'm sure that she could be modified to still look like the new Kat, but play more like the old one.

Katarìna

01-27-2013

I think the fix is as easy as buffing BB and SHunpo to pre-rework status, then nerfing the **** out of SS and turning it into a glorified move speed buff/Mark popper. And giving it a normal cooldown. 10/9/8/7/6. Like BB.

This would return as much of old Kat as possible, without really having to alter her to such a degree again.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
SquirtingSquid:
I loved the old Kat.

I wanted her to be put back to how she was as soon as I saw the news of it on the LoL website.

It was so out of the blue..nobody asked for it either...

This^^

You know who wanted the kat rework to happen? ****in nobody. Anyone who played kat loved her and anyone who played against kat "thought" they could easily counter her. It was a very rare but amazing instance of the people who play her feel overpowered while the people who play against her feel she is underpowered and easily handled. The only people who like the rework are people who either rarely or never played kat before it and now can get damage out easily.

+1 for reverting Katarina. Played her for 2.7 years but had to stop at the rework because she was a completely different champion. I honestly think it was the worst idea Riot has had as a company since its launch.

bonfire10

01-27-2013

Quote:
Katarìna:
I think the fix is as easy as buffing BB and SHunpo to pre-rework status, then nerfing the **** out of SS and turning it into a glorified move speed buff/Mark popper. And giving it a normal cooldown. 10/9/8/7/6. Like BB.

This would return as much of old Kat as possible, without really having to alter her to such a degree again.

Or they could just revert her, solving every problem at once. I wouldn't even take her current W over killer instincts. Killer instincts was the ****. Giving bonus damage to auto attacks and spell hits, giving you actual reliable harass from range. A Killer instincted Q would take a wave of minions down to 1 auto attack of health anyways. Farming was made easier, but it was just as possible before.