What do you think of this item/mechanic?

I like it, but obviously the numbers will need to be tweaked and tested 2 33.33%
I like the mechanic, but not the item's stats/recipe 1 16.67%
I don't like the mechanic at all, it would be overpowered 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

AD "Quickstep" Item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Dead, deceased and needs to be closed. This mechanic will probably make its way into the game anyway, though probably not as an item.

EDIT: Vault: Quinn dashes to an enemy, dealing damage and slowing them briefly. She then kicks back off her target, landing near her maximum attack range.

Yep, they made it into a champion concept. Told u so

Before you instantly downvote because all you see when you glance at this is "item with flash" actually read it. I like the feedback but I really dislike getting these ignorant posts that are obviously uninformed because they didn't even read it. Not that I'm calling out any specific 7th post or anything.

Alright, so my proposed idea is an item that can be used as a chase and escape item. The way it'll work is it will be a click target active item that places you at the edge of your basic attack range to that target. The cast range for the item would be around 400, similar to flash's range only the jump isn't 400 units, it would be more around 300 or less depending on the champion since it sets you at the edge of your range. This item would allow ranged carries to position themselves better and for some underplayed autoattack/close range movement speed reliant bruisers (Udyr, Skarner, etc.) to close the gap and be more viable (not saying they aren't viable right now). One huge prolem I see is the whole defense abuse of ranged carries in the current meta. That combined with this item will undoubtedly be overpowered, especially when combined with flash, ghost or cleanse (Edit: A channel time has been added to limit defensive use of the item on ranged carries, will still be a viable item for ranged carries but it won't be a free escape). I think the whole tanky ranged carry meta needs to end before this can be added for ranged carries. But as for bruisers I think this item will see no real overpoweredness really, just more viability for some champions.

It'll look something like this

Phage (1465g) + Pickaxe (875g) + Combine Cost (360g) = 2500g (Mid-Late Game item, where most teamfights happen when a ranged carry and bruiser will need this most)

(Item Name)
+60 Attack Damage
+220 Health
UNIQUE Passive - Icy: Your basic attacks have a 25% chance to slow your Target's movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds (20% slow for ranged attacks).
UNIQUE Active - Quickstep: After channeling for .5 seconds (channels are interruptable), teleports your champion to target enemy champion at a distance equal to your basic attack range (meaning the user wil teleport to a location DEPENDING ON THE TARGET'S LOCATION AFTER THE CHANNEL TIME, so you can actually pull someone using this item) and your next basic attack within 1 second will apply Icy. (If you are interrupted while channeling, the cooldown is reset to 7 seconds).

Cooldown: 60 seconds

Cast Range: 400 (less than normal ranged attack range)

Visual effect: Green (user's team)/red (other team) triangles similar to teleport's rings form around the champion using it and where the champion will teleport to (allowing you to simply go to where he will show up). Green/red colored sparkles appear on both the user and the target champion. Also, a green/red arrow like Orianna's ball's arrow will appear around the champion and the teleport location and will point towards each other.

(The active has a name to it because I plan on suggesting a similar item for mages, when i do I'll link it here).

I can also see this item being amazing on champs such as AD Nidalee, Kog Maw and Jayce for their ability to change their basic attack ranges. Though maybe there should be a set maximum blink range specifically to prevent a super long Kog Maw jump. Won't know until it is actually tested though.

A highly skilled bruiser player could use this item to provide an extremely short hop similar to Riven's to escape an enemy champion or gank. It could also be used to dodge skillshots. It can be used to hop over walls to or even away from an enemy if you position yourself right. With 5 enemies within 400 range of you, you have 5 different positions to blink to with this item. These are just some examples of general use. Some more specific examples would be Udyr blink stuns and Vayne blink condemn to escape a melee encounter. The uses for this item are almost as limitless as flash.

By the way, can someone shoot me an Item name for it?

ÅÇÉ

01-26-2013

I really don't like the idea of trying to gank a ezreal bot lane only to have him triple flash away...

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I really don't like the idea of trying to gank a ezreal bot lane only to have him triple flash away...
Yeah, Ezreal, Caitlyn and other carries with jumps are a problem. I personally think Ezreal's jump needs a nerf to it's range but this item shouldn't really come into play until laning is over so you shouldn't have to worry about it. If he does build it first it will probably render him pretty useless since all he got was 50 AD out of an item that costs just as much as bloodthirster. Still it does seem overpowered on Ezreal and other jumping carries. Maybe this should be a jump to target effect only instead of a backstep.

Edit: Added a channel time to it so it would be used more as an initiation item than an escape. Now the ezreal is forced to sit still for 1 second. Also the item causes you to teleport to a distance equal to your basic attack range in reference to the target AFTER the channel time, meaning you can pull the ezreal that used it on you back towards your team by walking back towards your tower or even flashing back. Also, as a channeled effect it can be interrupted.

ÅÇÉ

01-26-2013

But doesn't that hurt the tanky dps champs u made this for?

Sleeper Cell

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
But doesn't that hurt the tanky dps champs u made this for?
Well, yeah, but it can still be used to initiate. It's sorta like Maokai's root skill but with a channel time. But it will be pretty easy to counter, all they have to do is back up. It's still useful for chases and such tho but now there is some counterplay. Maybe I'll reduce the channel time from 1 second then. .5 or something, to prevent this item from being useless. I'll probly buff the stats too. Probly just the health since it's an initiation item.

NeoScout

01-26-2013

I've wanted an item like this for a long time, kinda like a youmuus for range carries

Trydan

01-27-2013

If a bruiser wants to initiate, they either will have the tool to do so or have to use flash. Putting ANYTHING with a flash ability on it is just ridiculous. Most carries either have something to jump away, a slow, or both.

Yuan Shikai

01-27-2013

Riot won't make an tiem with a blink on it EVER.

Sleeper Cell

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Riot won't make an tiem with a blink on it EVER.
Ha, only time will tell

Sleeper Cell

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trydan View Post
If a bruiser wants to initiate, they either will have the tool to do so or have to use flash. Putting ANYTHING with a flash ability on it is just ridiculous. Most carries either have something to jump away, a slow, or both.
It isn't a flash, it has half the range of flash and a channel time and a marker showing where they will reappear and the jump location is entirely reliant on the target's position. The cast range of it is less than any ranged auto attack in the game and the maximum distance a ranged user can jump away with it is their basic attack range FROM the target but only after a interruptable channel time.

And if an underplayed bruiser that is underplayed because of his poor ability to initiate or how easy he is to kite wants to initiate he will have the tools to do so? No, he won't, it's the reason he is underplayed. Almost every melee champion that is reliant on movement speed isn't viable because movement speed is the easiest thing to kite.