Thresh hybrid almost-troll build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

01-26-2013

Hey guys.

Had an idea for a Thresh build that has been testing way too well for me. I won't hog all the fun, so try it out yourself.

Flat AD reds
Flat Armor yellows
7 scaling MR blues
quints + 2 blues flat CDR (=6%)

Masteries are 19/11/0
Offense: 4% CDR, summoner's wrath, 5 armor pen, 8% armor pen, 8% magic pen and spellblade
Defense: All the health, +5 armor and +5 MR

Flash / Ignite

Start with whatever items you want and take Q first. Support bot but think of Thresh as a kill-lane partner rather than a support. Spend time harassing the opponents. Don't expect the Q to pull the target so much as suppress them for 1.5 seconds.

Here's the early build:
Boots
Flask
Phage

Then rush Spirit of the Elder Lizard.

This looks weird but it works so well on Thresh. The burn from the SEL will be added to all three of his damage spells as well as his auto-attacks. Combining this with his passive makes him very painful to be around.

The mid build:
Merc Treads
Flask
Frozen Mallet
Spirit of the Elder Lizard

He becomes a off-tank/bruiser/utility/support/dps. His AD climbs to 185, he slows and burns near constantly.

End game:
Merc Treads
Frozen Mallet
Spirit of the Elder Lizard
Abyssal Scepter
Frozen Heart
optional item - Will of the Ancients/Ruby Sightstone/Blade of the Ruined King/Hurricane

The optional item can be anything you like. The rest of the build makes it really hard to kill Thresh. He also becomes a double aura against the enemies. (since he can pull into them) He also hits max CDR, which really helps with his fairly long cooldowns. (especially his ult)

DevilsNightmare

01-27-2013

I tried something trollish myself. Went top lane, got merc treads as my only tanky item, then went full ADC. IE, BT, BC, pretty much anything with high damage, which gives his Q a massive boost. If you save it for the enemy carry you can pretty much one shot them if you have a sword of the divine.

Stevefin

01-27-2013

Yeah the AD scaling passive on his Q is just insane, I will not be surprised in the slightest if they end up nerfing down to 200% of his base AD

magic lasso

01-27-2013

If you are getting to the enemy adc something is wrong with the other team. Thresh is incredibly squishy and landing his Q reliably in a team fight is luck based.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-27-2013

Spirit of the Lizard Elder doesn't stack. So while it improves your poke it doesn't give too much sustained damage. I'd just go with Wit's myself if I were looking for an on-hit proc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefin View Post
Yeah the AD scaling passive on his Q is just insane, I will not be surprised in the slightest if they end up nerfing down to 200% of his base AD
Eh. A heavy AD build isn't going to work on Thresh and he has the worst base AD in the game. In fact his lvl 18 base AD is 5.2 lower than Ori's, who previously had the worst lvl18 AD.

IonDragonX

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
Spirit of the Lizard Elder doesn't stack. So while it improves your poke it doesn't give too much sustained damage. I'd just go with Wit's myself if I were looking for an on-hit proc.
I realize that it doesn't stack. It still refreshes with every AA and spell and doesn't get mitigated by resistances. As an AD item, you get the multiplier with his Q when you poke.

Most notably, the 10% CDR and super-gold-efficient cost make a bigger difference than you think.