Why do people make ARAM tournaments

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sgt Pepper

Senior Member

01-26-2013

When ADAM is the far superior game mode that is a much better indicator of skill and knowledge of the game mode.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Because we don't want to see the same 10 champions every single game. Murderbridge has several VERY clearly superior champions and many nobody will ever play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

New Gamerleans

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sgt Pepper View Post
When ADAM is the far superior game mode that is a much better indicator of skill and knowledge of the game mode.
I hosted an ARAM tournament for the same reason people play it. It's fun.

I also have a selfish reason for doing so. I am not a very popular streamer, and I've had the most success in attaining viewers through my underground ARAM games. Since this is my niche for loyal followers, I want to give them a show. Thus, since they love ARAM and I want to show them something entertaining, I decided what better way than to organize a larger ARAM event with a prize involved.

I agree that ADAM is a more entertaining game mode based on skill, but if people want to watch balanced team fights, they'll generally turn to Summoner's Rift for such clashes.

Just remember, not all tournaments are made because people want to see skilled gameplay. Believe it or not, many people play/watch games for the fun of it A winning prize is just icing on the cake.

But to satisfy your lust for ADAM, once the tournament is over in a couple weeks, I will be hosting weekly themed events, including 5v5 ADAM. Keep your eyes out for my next posts or follow my channel @ twitch.tv/newgamerleans.

As always, have fun!
- Charles


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sgt Pepper View Post
When ADAM is the far superior game mode that is a much better indicator of skill and knowledge of the game mode.
On an individual game basis, I would be inclined to agree with you. But looking through a wider lens, at overall performance (like what ARAM matchmaking would do), ARAM actually does measure your skill fairly well. The best ARAM players are going to have solid game mechanics and knowledge, and be good with a wide breadth of champions. You're going to get that champion that you might not play all that often sooner or later. How well do you adapt to that and learn how to be useful with that champion?

For this reason, I'd actually rather see ARAM tournaments run a BO3 or even BO5 format. It requires the ability to show consistently strong play with at least a couple different team comps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mid Is A Feeder

Senior Member

01-27-2013

So people pick yi/blitz/nid and strong gap closer duelist/aoe champs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon97 View Post
So people pick yi/blitz/nid and strong gap closer duelist/aoe champs?
In draft the strongest champs tend to be banned, so you see more classic team comps like tank + carry + support/CC/sustain.

Of course, AOE champs are always going to be popular in a one lane map... but there are enough of them to make for a large variety of comps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-27-2013

You're never going to be able to ban all the broken champions. There are more broken champions on ARAM than there are bans in draft, and the 6 that do get banned are always going to be the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LrdVprScrpn

Senior Member

01-28-2013

I think just like in SR, what is considered "broken" is going to change.

People are starting to wise up about Yi, realizing that he is a one trick pony and easily shut down with a little bit of mitigation.

Smart players can deal with Blitz, or even turn him against his own team (Alistar, Amumu, Galio)

There are champs that will always be super strong, but it's pretty ignorant to assume that the same champs will always be "the best."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mid Is A Feeder

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn View Post
I think just like in SR, what is considered "broken" is going to change.

People are starting to wise up about Yi, realizing that he is a one trick pony and easily shut down with a little bit of mitigation.

Smart players can deal with Blitz, or even turn him against his own team (Alistar, Amumu, Galio)

There are champs that will always be super strong, but it's pretty ignorant to assume that the same champs will always be "the best."
Its random.. What garentee do you get that you get cc?
His alpha strike is still a ton.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sgt Pepper

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roob Muh Nek View Post
I hosted an ARAM tournament for the same reason people play it. It's fun.

I also have a selfish reason for doing so. I am not a very popular streamer, and I've had the most success in attaining viewers through my underground ARAM games. Since this is my niche for loyal followers, I want to give them a show. Thus, since they love ARAM and I want to show them something entertaining, I decided what better way than to organize a larger ARAM event with a prize involved.

I agree that ADAM is a more entertaining game mode based on skill, but if people want to watch balanced team fights, they'll generally turn to Summoner's Rift for such clashes.

Just remember, not all tournaments are made because people want to see skilled gameplay. Believe it or not, many people play/watch games for the fun of it A winning prize is just icing on the cake.

But to satisfy your lust for ADAM, once the tournament is over in a couple weeks, I will be hosting weekly themed events, including 5v5 ADAM. Keep your eyes out for my next posts or follow my channel @ twitch.tv/newgamerleans.

As always, have fun!
- Charles
I understand where you are coming from, but completely one sided matches are not fun to watch, this often happens in ARAM

I think everyone would agree that watching an aram game like Udyr Garen Nasus Hecarim and sion vs Lux Anivia Vayne Sejuani Ziggs isn't fun to play or watch.

That game is based off a real game that I had in a tournament. ^


123