Invade or Lose?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Projectflipmode

01-26-2013

I know i am going to sound like a major QQ here. But the whole season 3 invade or lose tactic, that went from 5% of games to 95% of the games is really ruining this game for me and a few of my friends that I play with. I started into solo/duo que and it doesn't seem to happen much in ranked, at least in the 1300 elo range.

But there seems to be a very low risk with a very high reward. Its almost guaranteed first blood for the enemy team. And if you spend money on a ward and catch it you lose blue. This is highly detrimental if you have a jungle that is near worthless without a starting blue.

Not sure what changed so much in season 3 but in normal Q it seems that if you don't invade you lose. I really enjoy the competition of solo/duo ranked games but i also enjoy the casual game with some friends in normal que. And I seriously feel like the 8 out of every 10 games we are getting invaded, is ruining it for us.

There dosen't seem to be any real counter to this, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to come out on top with this please speak up. Like i said we even started warding the entry bushes so we can back off and not give first blood but then jungle is out blue. And if all 5 of us camp blue/red and they don't invade then we have 2/3 players out xp.

Thinking of giving dota 2 a shot if we can't come up with a solid defense to non stop invading. (invadeing= entire enemy team gank red/blue at the very start of the game)

I Am Fiddle

01-26-2013

run mid to see if they are going to invade, if they do, go to their blue/red. if you want to fight for it stay in your blue golem brush and dodge obvious skillshots.

PoonTrout

01-26-2013

Invade, but don't send the players that weep be far from their lane. They won't know your whole team is there.