This might fix it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceColdd

01-26-2013

This idea isn't perfect, but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Why not allow players to queue for the lane they want to play for Rank Games? Similar to WoW dungeon instance queue, player can choose multiple role they want to play.

So maybe I want to play either Mid or Support. A box pops up and I click on the Mid Lane Role and Support Role. Then the game come up w/ a team that will fulfill the role I want and covers the other roles in the game. Top/Jungle/Mid/Support/ADC. This will probably cause the game like rank queue time to last few minutes, but long as the queue time isn't too long. I don't think most player would mind waiting few more minutes. Least they will play the role they want, with a players in team that playing the role they want themselves. It should lower the amount of troll games, less likely hood of queue dodge, and people just happy with the game itself.

This isn't a perfect fix and I am overlooking the fact that some role isn't just popular as others. Like not many people I know likes playing support, so the queue might become insanely long for some people. And other problems this might cause. I think this is a fix for solo/duo rank queues. But it's just an idea, throwing it out there. I'll let you guys debate it out.

I think someone already made a similar post on this before, I don't remember.

chescatt

01-26-2013

This idea has been debated upon for a long time now. All in all it ends in the same way, A split community, And every time their reasoning is exactly the same. basically, it turns into some roles have shorter insta Qs while other roles have to wait 10-20 minutes to play the games. Or at least that's the most common argument against it i see. Personally. sometimes i'd like to see it implemented, sometimes i wouldn't. depends on how my games went. You were right about what you said though, the Q times and what not.

Shining Azure

01-26-2013

How if we can choose between "Top/Jungle/Mid/Support/ADC" and "filler" role. So those who want to play with their role can choose "Top/Jungle/Mid/Support/ADC" (longer queue), but those who just want to play any role or tired of waiting, they can choose "filler" role (shorter queue). (sorry for the bad english)

Eklipz

01-27-2013

Or leave it open to allow more than 1 choice for a faster queue time.

I just also see a lot of trolling in this feature as well