Thresh. Ap or ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thegoochmiester

01-26-2013

I've played both. Although just minimal. I did that building him tanky support just doesn't do a whole lot. Unless I'm playing with friends who will use lantern or jump on the cc I'm able to do. His ratios aren't terrible. He is able to get free extra ap as well. And his ult hurts. But the cd on it hurts even more. The one game I played as ad the other team had a leaver so wasn't really able to do a whole lot. But just with a minimal build I was able to drop Varus to half health with just one attack. Your thoughts on him and preferred way to build him?

Crede777

01-26-2013

He's really a tanky support.

His AP ratios are trashy though so I'd recommend AD. Usually a support is wasted on TT.

SeleKa

01-26-2013

just not ad

The Gift Horse

01-26-2013

I've been trying out an "on-hit bruiser" build for Thresh to some moderate success. I've found that Wit's End is really nice on him.

I used tanky runes(Except for some AD runes and masteries(5/21/4) and had boots and a ruby to start. Then I "rush" a Wit's End, Complete my Frozen Mallet then work on Sunfire Cloak/Abyssal Scepter.

A straight tank build might be more valuable with a coordinated team, but when solo queuing, you don't want to pass up on your damage potential(well, I dont).

lordfrezon

01-26-2013

He seems like he'd be a nice long range AD bruiser. His kit seems like it can keep people right where you want them and the passive on his Q is awesome.

Hugler

01-26-2013

if you like ad naut wait til you try ad thresh

elaboratebored

12-08-2013

really the only reason to make him ad is if you upgrade the flay as fast as possible for the bonus damage if you let it build up the charge. I can't really get him to do enough sustained damage as an adc, but if you have a support with decent damage like nidalee or lux, it can work. Personally, I enjoy doing the full tank support because even if you aren't doing much damage, the cc can make you a valuable contribution to team fights.

Iliketurtle

12-09-2013

Ad ftw

MrPhyst

12-10-2013

he is a tank
mana and cdr

MDCityAPOP

12-11-2013

hes trash either way on this map. He's a support stop being noobs