If you're too lazy to help me leash blue/red...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigWenus

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Am I the only mid that sits there and keeps auto attacking until it's at about 500 hp so my jungler can smite it easily? Am I the only one that cares about my jungler's initial clear?
You aren't the only one who cares about the jungle, but you are one of the few who damage it that much. You lose so much xp if you do that.

Shadowed Ruby

01-26-2013

if I'm top or bot for respectives sides, I always either help damage, soak damage, or heal my jungler.

I won't do it as mid, though, you go probably 3 melee minions down, and your minions have xp denied you a couple too. It's a bad place to be as a mid.

Sleipnir of Hel

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Am I the only mid that sits there and keeps auto attacking until it's at about 500 hp so my jungler can smite it easily? Am I the only one that cares about my jungler's initial clear?
You are not the only one sir. I do it too. I feel the more help you give a jungler, the more help he is to your team as the game progresses. The jungler is seen as responsible to fix everything that goes wrong in lanes, but its also the laners job to keep an eye on his jungler for anything going wrong.

For example, say I packed a ward as a top laner instead of extra pots. If I notice that the enemy jungler is common to counter jungle, like shaco, I'll set my jungler up for success by using that ward by his red, or wraiths. It's saved many junglers lives that I warded their bush, and not 1 minute later, see shaco setting up his boxes in there.

Or if you're a support, you have a heal, and you run by your jungler doing golems as you go back to lane, give him a heal, keep his hp high, he'll reward you with a gank. If you are mid, ward the enemy wraiths for you to steal, or your jungler to steal, or for you to see the enemy mid leaving to roam.

Everything that goes with assisting your jungler assists your entire team in the long run.

TheJGWentworth

01-26-2013

Tbh its not worth "leashing" when you're a mid anymore. You lose out on level 2 which is where the lane dominance usually begins. So unless you're a passive level 4 mid its never smart to leash anything other than wolves/wraiths

DysposableHero

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilInuyasha View Post
You are not the only one sir. I do it too. I feel the more help you give a jungler, the more help he is to your team as the game progresses. The jungler is seen as responsible to fix everything that goes wrong in lanes, but its also the laners job to keep an eye on his jungler for anything going wrong.

For example, say I packed a ward as a top laner instead of extra pots. If I notice that the enemy jungler is common to counter jungle, like shaco, I'll set my jungler up for success by using that ward by his red, or wraiths. It's saved many junglers lives that I warded their bush, and not 1 minute later, see shaco setting up his boxes in there.

Or if you're a support, you have a heal, and you run by your jungler doing golems as you go back to lane, give him a heal, keep his hp high, he'll reward you with a gank. If you are mid, ward the enemy wraiths for you to steal, or your jungler to steal, or for you to see the enemy mid leaving to roam.

Everything that goes with assisting your jungler assists your entire team in the long run.

You sir, are a junglers best friend and a true teammate.

Durzaka

01-26-2013

@mid players: You can land several good AA and a skill (if you will spend mana to help your jungler) and still get back to mid without missing xp from any minions, although youll need to react quick to get the first CS.

Swiftness69

01-26-2013

apc should be able to sit and aa til its low enough to smite. the only exception to this ( and for me too) is if youre ap is a melee champ. then do what you you can and get back to lane

KnightxSScarlett

01-26-2013

I don't often lose mid, so apparently I don't lose that much by helping my jungle out.

King o Karp

01-26-2013

Ganking is your bread and butter. Ganking is key to the game in its current state. If you don't gank one lane, because of a childish grudge, because they didn't make your job a little easier, then you're not only handicapping yourself, but you're throwing the game, over a petty start. Jungle farm is only so much. Assists and the utility that some junglers bring are by far, the key to playing the character.

tl;dr: Don't be a ****, gank lanes.

Akimasu

01-27-2013

If you can't handle blue buff solo, you shouldn't be jungling.

I never leash blue anymore. I leash the enemies red(or blue) for whomever needs it. We generally send 3 to enemies red at around the 1:30 mark, the support gives a very very light leash, then charges straight into lane to get a couple early CS(to hit level 2 sooner) then we 4 man gank bot, then move on to the normal game.

Yes, a smiteless start is good, but if there's no invade, and there's 5 people standing there...the top is generally going to fall very VERY far behind, I find it more worthwhile to give them the first red, rather than make the junglers life slightly easier.