Help with Diana Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommanderPC

01-26-2013

I recently bought Diana to play with. I have the skill progression build all planned but my items are what's killing me. My damage is good enough but my health/armor is really weak. I need help with items.

0V3RDOS3

01-26-2013

Flask + Ward + Pot
Boots
Dorans Ring x2
Sorc Shoes - Ninja Tabi - Merc Treads

After that you want to get Abyssal or Zhonyas, depending on if you need MR or Armor.
Most of the time, regardless of order it's good to get both items and it should be enough to deal tons of damage and still have a lot of resistances. Then get Death Cap and Warmogs or Void Staff as last item.

Remember that even though Diana is tankier than most mages you need to wait until your tank goes in because you will get blown up instantly if you dash alone into the enemy team.

For Diana, the only real core item i would recommend is Zhonyas so it depends on how you play her what your build will look like. This build works fine for me most of the time and it's pretty reliable but you can still try items like DFG or Haunting Guise, etc.

Hope that helped ^^

>>My English sucks btw

CommanderPC

01-27-2013

Boots of Speed, 2 Doran’s Ring, Sorcerer’s Shoes, Haunting Guise, Build Abyssal Scepter, Build Rabadon’s Deathcap, Build Liandry’s Torment, Build Void Staff, Build Deathfire Grasp.

This set-up is really good. I tried it for like 3 games and I went 21-5 in one and 14-4 in the other. It plays best in mid.

barbeerian

01-27-2013

I prefer going with a much tankier Diana build than most, I find it works better for me when I'm playing Solo and there's not as much team coordination (I tend to get blown up with a pure damage build, and we don't always have a real tank who's initiating and eating all that early CC).

I start with a crapload of HP and MP pots + 1 ward, so I can safely sustain and farm for as long as possible. I grab Sorc shoes when I can, and maybe grab a Doran's ring or two. Next I build a big damage item so I can get some kills on my lane opponent, or at least push the waves more quickly and try to take their tower. Generally this is a DFG since it works well with Diana, I usually blow my Q W R the instant I engage on someone so you might as well amplify that burst IMHO, but Rabadon's is more than good on her so that's a fine choice as well.

Next I go Warmogs, not because it's FotM OP in many ppl's eyes, but because early Health is very effective because it works against AD and AP, and it scales better early game (jumping from 1k to 2k HP early is stronger than jumping from 2.5k to 3.5k HP later). The health regen really helps when you're diving onto enemies, or happen to be eating a lot of poke before fights even start.

Next I get a resistance item depending on the enemy team. Frozen Heart against heavy AD, Randuin's against mostly AD with some AP, Runic Bulwark against AP heavy teams (I find Spirit Visage sucks on Diana because she has no built in sustain, and I never build Hextech Revolver on her, so I never have any sustain effects to amplify with SV's passive). Against an AD team I'm usually at 150-175 armour at this point which makes me very hard to focus down and kill before I nuke their squishies and gtfo.

Next I grab something for magic pen, generally a Void staff since it's got the most penetration, but sometimes I grab an Abyssal Sceptre if I want extra magic resist. I never bother with haunting guise into Liandry's because I find it a huge waste on Diana since you rarely get to use it to full effect (Diana is mostly AoE, and doesn't have a spammable slow. You really need mostly single target magic spells, or a built in slow to get Liandry's to burn for meaningful damage).

The final item always depends:
-Are we winning, and am I not dying quickly when I dive? Buy Rabadon's (or DFG if you rushed a Rabadon's first instead of DFG).
-Am I getting focused, CC'd, and bursted by the entire enemy team when I jump in? I buy another tanky item.
-

C4KE

01-27-2013

If you find yourself lacking in health, Haunting guise or Rylai's crystal scepter work well. The build that works best for me is rushing abyssal scepter, then following up with haunting guise, then I proceed to buy rabadons and Lich Bane, depending on whichever you prefer first. Zhonya's is a good investment, and Liandry's is also nice. You could grab a warmogs, as it is becoming more prevalent in tanker ap assassin types. Hope this helps.

CommanderPC

01-28-2013

Yeah, I use a similar setup C4KE. After I get Rabadon's I get either Zhonya's or a Void Staff.