Major Champion Select Bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheXthDoctor

01-26-2013

I'd say this occurs 10-20% of the time I queue for draft pick mode (Normal and Ranked).

This bug can occur either during the banning or picking process, and because of the type of bug it is, I can't see it until long after it happens. The countdown timer continues to run down and disappears after it runs out. During this time I can't see the bans/picks that occur, and if it comes my turn to pick/ban, I am unable to do so. The client effectively freezes, unable to act except to [attempt to] close.

All that works correctly is the team chat. Because I can't pick anything, I have no choice but to close the client and accept the dodge penalty. Otherwise my team will end up 4v5 without me, or I wait until the game starts and be stuck with a random champ (and in the process I would have to close and restart the client just to get into the game). All I can do is offer apology to my team, and force-close the client and be stuck with the dodge penalty.

I have submitted the bug report from the client, and because I haven't seen anything on the forums about anyone else having this trouble, I'm putting it here for others to see and hopefully get some direct feedback from a red. I've had this problem for a few months now, and I need to get it fixed.

Diaboluss

02-07-2013

I am having the same problem. I queue for ranked games and when it comes my turn to pick, the client just freezes and forces me to leave, resulting in a 30min penalty. I reset the client, and wait my 30 minutes and queue again, just to have it happen all over again. So I've had 60 minutes straight of suspension due to my client freezing during champion select. Anything I can do?

Diaboluss

02-07-2013

I am having the same problem.

I queue for ranked games and when it comes my turn to pick, the client just freezes and forces me to leave, resulting in a 30min penalty. I reset the client, and wait my 30 minutes and queue again, just to have it happen all over again. So I've had 60 minutes straight of suspension due to my client freezing during champion select.

Anything I can do?

QiYi

03-13-2013

same problem, any solutions?

Ownatik

04-27-2013

Same thing just happened to me, and it put a defeat on my series -_- Grrrrrrrr...

Should I close the client next time it happens? Or is it the same penalty if I wait for the timer to run out?

IS149f6da10b3b4aaed1aa8

07-02-2013

The same problem, lost about 130 points (06-13)-(07-13). Every time it is time to choose champions, launcher fails and shows nothing, banning the same, just restarting after the match starts, and hopefullu i can play....... and only 1 game in whole world makes problems to me............
and after new patch it goes worse than before, next 23 champions selections failed and lp-goes down....

Bosco1996

09-10-2013

i lost lots of lp too....... and it always show

Unknown Error
An unknown error has occurred
Sorry about that. We've sent a report to the
server.
If you continue encountering this error you may
want to check the support site or forum for more
information.
i really want to get this fix, so i can do better in rank before season 3 ends.