Ummm Atma's cool but why crit chance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
it keeps anyone from being 100% synergistic with it, it would be too universal otherwise.

bruisers get a larger part of their damage from abilities and may not take the crit mastery, so to them it makes the item less efficient.
ADCs and the like get MORE than full benefit from the crit but dont get big HP to scale off the passive.
Support Ashe grab Mallet erryday.

Draaaaaven also likes his ice mallet from time to time.

stihgnob

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
It was originally an item designed for AD carries when they needed AD and Armor. It scaled on HP so that it didn't give them too much, because carries scale very well into late game with damage and having too much damage and defense is overpowered (see also, S1 Jax). When it first came out, it scaled off 2% of their max HP, or 20 AD per 1000 HP. This was a balanced number because, at the time, AD ratios were very rare. Abilities like Parrrley even scaled on AP instead of AD.

This is why it had Crit; so that it had 2 damage-scaling stats for carries. It was originally FOR carries.
Parrley never scaled with ap, it scaled with ad, even in beta. but it did benafit from Magic pen.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stihgnob View Post
Parrley never scaled with ap, it scaled with ad, even in beta. but it did benafit from Magic pen.
V
Quote:
Well, that was me blindly repeating war stories from old veterans. I wasn't around for that myself, so for all I know I could be entirely wrong about that one.

xxacidusxx

01-27-2013

FUNNY, i logged on and i was JUST about to post this same topic. that item is not used because simply it was nerfed to where you would really want to benefit quite a bit from the crit chance inorder to want to buy that item. obviously its a very niche item as of now, i can only list garen as a possible champion to want to buy that item. with crit cloak from the recipe replaced for a pickaxe, long sword etc and a reduction of total cost with the item for stats such as attack damage, lifesteal etc it would be something that actually does something in the game. though i caannot stress how it would inflate the warmogs meta. hmmmm seems like this item needs a cap to for the passive or a total redesign.

Lumovanis

01-28-2013

Quote:
Well, that was me blindly repeating war stories from old veterans. I wasn't around for that myself, so for all I know I could be entirely wrong about that one.
Parley used to deal magic damage back in the day, but always scaled with AD. They changed it because it made him notoriously difficult to build against.

Mojimi

01-28-2013

It should give attack speed instead, that would be so good even if it costed 3,5k

IonDragonX

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojimi View Post
It should give attack speed instead, that would be so good even if it costed 3,5k
Armor + AS + AD?

Sounds good. Like a counterpoint to Iceborn Gauntlet.

Titanomagnus

01-29-2013

I'd rather have the 15% crit than nothing, plus I don't mind saving up for it because until I upgrade to an Atma's I'll just make extra cash using the Avarice Blade as much as possible.

Though I hear what you're saying- it feels over-all like an unfinished item.

So what would you guys think the 15% should rather go into if Atma's Impaler were to be remade for pure tanks?