"jajaja" haters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krakhen

01-26-2013

This has gotten out of hand. It's not a question of ''there are other language in North America'' we all know that. The servers language is specified as being english so everyone who plays on it can communicate. It's that simple! I'm french canadian but you won't see me using my native language out of respect and because I chose to play here in english!

Clowns Suck

01-26-2013

Now I'm not trying to sound like a racist here but when people say the USA isn't the only country in NA they are right. It just has 3 times as many people as mexico and New York(the state) on a work day has almost the same population as Canada. So I think even if everyone in Canada spoke only French and everyone in Mexico spoke only spanish there would still likely be 1-2 hundred million more english speakers than non english speakers. Not meaning all BR or spanish speaking players need to GTFO IDGAF I'm just throwing that fact out there.

2inchesofsteel

01-26-2013

Also... America is the best at everything ever and those other countries are lucky we even allow them in our hemisphere.

Cpt Polux

01-26-2013

jajaja is like huehuehue????

Endr03

01-26-2013

well to defends the single language tards, there is only 1 language that NA servers offers when I go onto NA servers, yet regardless why the hell to people rage on language. We got to many old HoN players and kids that joined our community in season 2

Boagster

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
Go to the server choices. See the only language listed next to north America?
Your argument is invalid.
Go on the EUW website. Check the languages there. There are only four listed, yet a huge portion of the countries covered by the EUW servers don't have any of those languages as their official language. Oh, and the EUNE servers cover Russia, but Russian isn't listed as a language. Those aren't the languages of the servers, those are the languages they have translated the website into.

Your argument is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowns Suck View Post
Now I'm not trying to sound like a racist here but when people say the USA isn't the only country in NA they are right. It just has 3 times as many people as mexico and New York(the state) on a work day has almost the same population as Canada. So I think even if everyone in Canada spoke only French and everyone in Mexico spoke only spanish there would still likely be 1-2 hundred million more english speakers than non english speakers. Not meaning all BR or spanish speaking players need to GTFO IDGAF I'm just throwing that fact out there.
Except Mexico and Canada aren't the only countries in North America.

SlamHannigan

01-26-2013

I can say from experience that NOT all Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking players understand basic LoL terms. That's the only time it becomes an issue. The official language of the NA server is English. That isn't to say that they should be fluent in it (English being one of the hardest languages for non-native speakers to learn), but they do have a responsibility to team communication to know the basic terms, in English. The flipside of that is, if it gets to be a HUGE problem, you can always spend an hour and teach yourself some basic Spanish or Portuguese terms and phrases. They're easier to learn than English and it's a good middle ground to shoot for. Not to mention that knowing how to speak another language is always useful in other areas.

Also knowing how to curse in other languages is fun.

EDIT: Or, do what I do and play with friends who speak your language. :P

Shadowed Ruby

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
We aren't racist because we don't like people who can't speak our language on our game servers, idiot. If you guys can speak English and communicate with the team, nobody has a problem with you. It's the ones who can't speak English and throw the game that are the issue.

God you're dumb.
Lets see, in this comment alone you: Seperated two nationalities, claimed one had more right than another, tell the other to learn to do what you do and it's okay, and claim that the other is doing something wrong inherently.

Seems like racism to me.

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-26-2013

I barely run into Spanish players its always Portuguese brazillian speakers I run into. I personally prefer spanish players over french canadians and brazillians since I know absolutely know no phrases in those languages.

Nyxeira

01-27-2013

I speak quite a bit of many languages. And let me tell you, I'm tired of having to translate all the freaking time. At first I was open minded but its really annoying.

I'll just say this: if you aren't effecient in the language, don't go on the server. We shouldnt have to go out of our way to figure out your language a server which is primarily English.