[guide] Dr. Glock AKA Gankplank AKA Winbeard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krashwire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Love the guide Condon. In fact I've read em all and been very entertained as well as educated. I play both Cho'Gath and Gangplank.

My Gangplank build is very similar to what you have laid out here. I start with Meki and 2 HP pots. Lately I've been trying out starting with Vamp first to build to the Exe faster. My first buy is usually Executioner's calling. I love having a got on Parrley early on for harassment and anti healing. Most heal heavy champs will stay away from your melee so this is a nice F You to those healing types. The dot really freaks out casters too.

Lately my build is something like:
1) Vampiric Scepter
2) Executioner's Calling
3) Boots (I use whatever I feel is the best fit that game)
4) Philosopher's Stone
5) Sheen
6) Trinity
7) Infinity
8) The last slot usually doesn't get filled but I've been playing with all sorts of different items here.

I'm still not sure if that build is better than:
1) Meki +2 HP pots
2) Philosopher Stone
3) Boots
4) Executioner's Calling
5) Sheen
6) Trinity
7) Infinity

Both builds have been fairly successful. I do love the Executioner's Calling a lot though. It just adds so much to the early game. Late game I'll play more as support getting the dots/debuffs on everyone. I'll melee what I can and shoot the guys that hang back or runners.

The best thing I like about the Trinity/Infinity build is when you face off against one of those Gangplanks who thinks stacking Speed is the only way to play. We both shoot each other and he does almost no damage and I do 25% of his life in one shot. They always run. That and turbo-raping heal dependant champs... Rapin' and pillagin' is fun!

Thenadathor

12-10-2009

I used to go right from 2 avrices to infinity, then I had chunks of gold that I felt wetent being put to use saving for a late-game item. Getting that sheen after the philosophers stone and 2 aviraces really upped my DPS midgame, and the mana helped too. THANKS condon! also your writing style is hilarious.

condon

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenadathor View Post
I used to go right from 2 avrices to infinity, then I had chunks of gold that I felt wetent being put to use saving for a late-game item. Getting that sheen after the philosophers stone and 2 aviraces really upped my DPS midgame, and the mana helped too. THANKS condon! also your writing style is hilarious.
Secretly I'm terrible, I just get all hopped up on caffeine and try sheen on every hero until one works.

Tell no one.

Ronoh

Adjudicator

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Secretly I'm terrible, I just get all hopped up on caffeine and try sheen on every hero until one works.

Tell no one.
I think you should rewrite this all in pirate speak next time you are all hopped up on caffeine.

condon

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoh View Post
I think you should rewrite this all in pirate speak next time you are all hopped up on caffeine.
Perhaps the next time I don't have to do actual work.

You know people actually get busy around the holidays? That's not what I signed on for.

HOLYCOWBATMAN

12-22-2009

is it me or sheen doesnt work on pirate anymore? the damage doesnt seem to double... even tho the buff get triggered?

HOLYCOWBATMAN

12-22-2009

nvm i red how it works, its not for me... crit buildddddddd ftw

Flashfires

12-23-2009

The morale of this story is Condon rocks, I loved the MFing Chogath (Rape some serious face with it now and lol @ every AP cho I see) and I love this guide too, thanks for making it entertaining.

BILL AND TEDS

12-23-2009

I play quite a bit of Gangplank (enough to spend all my IP on a runepage for him) and I gotta disagree about smite being useless. With philo, avarice, and imp smite helping your parrleys you absolutely rake in the gold.

Dr Niles Aquatic

12-24-2009

I sometimes like Smite. The problem with Gangplank is that beyond farming stupendous amounts of gold for himself, he doesn't bring very much to his lane. That's why I usually bring Exhaust for some easy CC. If you bring Smite as well, you can take out the cannon minions easily to help keep your lane pushed. Also lets him swipe the Lizard buff early which makes his gat simply tremendous.