[guide] Dr. Glock AKA Gankplank AKA Winbeard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

condon

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reks View Post
i used the shoes to remove magic resistance from the problem so i could find out how much damage sheen actually adds to parlay
Magic resistance, much like armor, can go negative.

Dr Niles Aquatic

12-09-2009

Not a problem with the Sorcerer's Shoes, though, since they provide magic penetration, which can't bring magic resist below zero. Only magic resist reduction effects like the Abyssal Scepter can do that.

condon

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Niles Aquatic View Post
Not a problem with the Sorcerer's Shoes, though, since they provide magic penetration, which can't bring magic resist below zero. Only magic resist reduction effects like the Abyssal Scepter can do that.
I must say I've never taken the time to note the distinction, although I have no reason to doubt. There is only one explanation then: Gypsies.

Razerwind

12-09-2009

Yeah it must calculate the Sheen damage into the attack damage number so it gets the .65 treatment also.

BTW I've seen lots of Gangplanks go for major crit early on. Is this Sheen + heavy attack damage build better than having 60%-70% crit? Crit doubles the whole attack while Sheen only doubles the attack damage, and is then cut down by the .65. Seems like the crit build would hit harder.

condon

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
Yeah it must calculate the Sheen damage into the attack damage number so it gets the .65 treatment also.

BTW I've seen lots of Gangplanks go for major crit early on. Is this Sheen + heavy attack damage build better than having 60%-70% crit? Crit doubles the whole attack while Sheen only doubles the attack damage, and is then cut down by the .65. Seems like the crit build would hit harder.
Depends on playstyle. I tend to do a lot more in and out supportive play on Gangplank, even taking down towers when necessary, I find having a nice, big, solid chunk of parrrlay damage, and the extra damage when I use morale/barrage/peaches as well is just too good to pass up if you rush an infinity edge to back it up.

Razerwind

12-09-2009

I will try this build tonight. I do think that this build may suffer majorly when the Sheen exploit is fixed though. And face it, Sheen double damage activating on the same ability that activated it is not working as intended.

condon

12-09-2009

Quote:
I will try this build tonight. I do think that this build may suffer majorly when the Sheen exploit is fixed though. And face it, Sheen double damage activating on the same ability that activated it is not working as intended.
Don't you go and ruin my day with this. I am living in a nice, peaceful little world where Sheen is the answer to every problem.

EchoRex

12-09-2009

Quote:
Actually it is working as intended based upon the way it works and the way the skill works.

Sheen increases your damage for your next auto attack.
Parrley uses whatever damage you would do on your next auto attack.

The fact that there is a delay between when Sheen is proc'd and the damage is calculated is an indicator that any attack damage modifying factors are meant to be applied to anything using attack damage as a basis of its mechanics.

condon

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Actually it is working as intended based upon the way it works and the way the skill works.

Sheen increases your damage for your next auto attack.
Parrley uses whatever damage you would do on your next auto attack.

The fact that there is a delay between when Sheen is proc'd and the damage is calculated is an indicator that any attack damage modifying factors are meant to be applied to anything using attack damage as a basis of its mechanics.
They may just be fixing the free sheen bug. I didn't mention it in here before, because its too hard to force to be worth trying, but if you try to parrrlay something JUST as it's dying, you proc sheen without using the parrrlay cooldown or mana.

VampireFred

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Depends on playstyle. I tend to do a lot more in and out supportive play on Gangplank, even taking down towers when necessary, I find having a nice, big, solid chunk of parrrlay damage, and the extra damage when I use morale/barrage/peaches as well is just too good to pass up if you rush an infinity edge to back it up.
I also play a supportive gangplank (without being in every fight though)
After playing him for 50 to 60 games,I found that soul shroud is awesome on him with +cri/-cd runes

1,with the -cd,u can support a gank every 1 min and 30 sec on every where of the map(care for 2 problems:1,if ur teammates are not agressive when laning and unwilling to start a gank,u would get headache with ur ult ready all the time;2,cleanse+flash is also very annoying.but whatever ,I need to make sure my ult is always a great pressure on enemies though the game)
2,with the mana regen,and -cd,ur parrrley brings u 11 extra gold from every unit u kills(if no teammate/enemies interupt you, u can kill 90% millions with ur parrley---the most strong farming spell,in many games I got 2000-3000 extra gold by 25 mins though I didn't farm as many millions as they are)
3,with -cd,u can use more Remove Scurvy in a fight and saving u from the stuns,killed (and with 580 heath from soul shround and short cd parrrley and attack,u can do more damage.No survival ability,no dps=.=)

Q&A
Q:why dont I pick 2 Avarice Blade first?
A:well,'cause I found dat
1, getting 2 Avarice Blade didn't help me a lot to support my teammate in many games ,fewer ult,and No survival ability,no dps.it may work good if ur team outplay ur enemies,but I found myself useless in a tough fight with 2 Avarice Blade
2, lacking survival ability=>less damage ,and less money if u died
3,lacking mana regen,u can't use more Remove Scurvy while laning
4,without the mana regen and -cd, u get much less gold from ur parrley---the most strong farming spell
5.besides,I found dat Last Whisper also work very great on him.Stark's Fervor is good if u a not the only dps in ur team

PS:I haven't tried sheen on him yet..= =