AD LULU and what to do??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letsallgomidbud

10-28-2013

I've been playing a lot of AD lulu lately in my solo que and doing quite well with it. Now I didn't start this thread to listen to people say "omg nub why are you playing AD Lulu play a real champ like teemo". I started it because I want to know how people feel regarding builds, play styles, runes/masteries, counters, etc. Im quickly falling in love with this champ and I'm wondering how other people like to play this awesome champ!

PS: Would also like to hear from anyone who has built AP on her!

Hiryuu16

10-29-2013

Pix delivers a static amount of damage per attack (not per hit, which is slightly different), so you benefit a lot from Attack Speed. Non-Support Lulu builds quite a bit like Kayle.

Building AS/AP, you can build some magic pen to get the most from Pix and your abilities. On-hit and AD builds are less compelling, since you don't have any AoE physical damage for items like Black Cleaver (unless you build Hurricane, too).

If you really, really want to build an AD Lulu, you probably want Ruined King, PD, and probably Infinity Edge (for more Crit damage).

The AS/AP route works with your kit more, but you don't get any Lifesteal for sustain. Nashor's Tooth is core, add Unholy Grail or Morello to cap your CDR, and Lichbane for heavy burst.

Mcbooze

10-29-2013

the real problem w/ AD lulu is you won't have any mana or mana regen really, and she's incredibly mana hungry as a champ. so this may depend actually on what lane you are in - if it's bot lane, you really need the yellow armor runes or you will get bullied like crazy by the other adc. you could theoretically in this lane run mana regen blues and forego mr runes, which is a thought.

i wouldn't do a standard adc build with PD and infinity edge (as starting items anyway). a champ like lulu with her kit would benefit a lot more from getting a trinity force first, as it will boost your movement speed and give you all around good stats. if you know adcs, trinity is just amazing right now on any kind of hybrid type adc (ezreal, corki, kogmaw, etc).

after that then i'd go based on what you think you need. if you want more sustain, or they are running heavy hp bruisers, get botrk. if you need to push hard and your team isn't good at it, get a static shiv. if you want just a straight good dps bush, get either infinity edge, BT or last whisper depending on how well you are doing. if you are doing poorly you don't want to save up for IE, you'd be better just getting last whisper to quickly get a damage boost.

then use your abilities for the sake of utility. i'd probably run w/ lifesteal runes for the sustain, since you'll really need it. run a standard 21/9/0 or 21/0/9, or maybe even 21/5/4 and get the mana boost in utility. on abilities i'd probably max E first actually and get my shield really juiced, and then max W second for escapes/cc. you really only need 1 point in Q imo for the slow, since you won't use it much for harass b/c it'll make you oom.

lulu mid ap isn't as difficult actually, and i've seen it done pretty well even in competitive games. this build will kinda depend on what your playstyle is like - if you prefer the tankier ap style, getting a rod of ages into rabadons and then another ap item like rylais. this makes you kind of a moving wall and you sacrifice a little damage for the sustain and survivability.

or you can do a more straight ap damage and go straight into rabadons and then like a zhonyas too, or even do zhonyas first. kinda depends on playstyle. in any case you'll be doing a standard double dorans ring into whatever build it is you choose to go down. i'd choose based on the enemy team and what i think would do well.

sorta like how i play malzahar. if i think i just really need to be able to eat shots, i'll do a rod of ages route (though i use liandrys in that, which probably isn't great on lulu since she doesn't do a lot of damage that benefits from the dot), or if i'm doing just amazingly well in lane i might just rush straight rabadons for power pushing. a lot actually depends on how good i think their jungler is and how much pressure my other lanes are putting on.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

So um, where exactly do you play Lulu? If support then you really can't go much of anything this season at least. She cant really jungle.

This leaves Mid and Top lanes. Usually you want a more bursty mage Mid, so I'd think you are going top?

Have you tried playing her in Dominion? At least she gets gold there, so you can refine your concept.

Basically Lulu is a BAD version of Kog Maw (ADC wise), but she has tremendous utility. She also scales off of AP.

As such, you might consider an AS/onhit build instead. Like I said, try in dominion first. Nashers Tooth is ideal since it boosts your CDR so you can use your high CC as much as possible. It also adds AS and even more onhit dmg. From there, Wits End seems like an obvious choice with more onhit and AS with some defense. Then Blade of the Ruined King.

I'd avoid Inf Edge and crit. You cant stack crit/AD/AS, AND still be able to get CDR and mana for your big utility.

Letsallgomidbud

10-30-2013

Thanks for posting everyone, you are all giving me lots to think about regarding a build. As to what lane I am playing in its always going to be top lane when building non-support lulu (@McBooze I would never play her as an adc bot because like you said every other adc would bully me haha). The build I've been going with is as follows:
BORK --> Trinity force --> then usually situational AD items.
I've been going for AS already, but now I think i'll try and build AS/more AP oriented and see how that goes!
*Would really like someone's input on Trinity Force on offensive lulu (AP or AD) being worth it?
@Warrrrax Why avoid crit completely? I feel like crit wouldn't be a terrible thing with LULU especially if the plan is to build so much AS (I understand why infinity would be a bad choice but what about items like a PD?)

To everyone who has posted thanks for replying I really appreciate hearing other peoples input on this. To everyone reading this write a comment! Let us know how you feel about Top lane Lulu!

Letsallgomidbud

10-30-2013

ALSO what about runes/masteries??

Hiryuu16

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsallgomidbud View Post
@Warrrrax Why avoid crit completely? I feel like crit wouldn't be a terrible thing with LULU especially if the plan is to build so much AS (I understand why infinity would be a bad choice but what about items like a PD?)
The problem is opportunity cost. With only 6 item slots, building in one direction means leaving others behind.

If you don't build AD, a critical hit will do only slightly more nothing than a normal nothing attack. If you do build AD (along with AS and Crit), you have few options for mana regen or CDR, which are crucial for getting the most from Lulu. Trinity Force is fine but, again, no CDR or mana regen.

Going AP gives you good CDR and mana options. On-hit magic like Nashor's and Lichbane doesn't benefit from critical damage or lifesteal, however, so there's no value in building those stats. Trinity Force is still fine, but what do you leave out?

AskPulsefireEz

11-08-2013

Lulu's AP ratios have been nerfed significantly since she was released (at least the offensive ones). I think her best offensive build path would probably be on hit/hybrid. Items like Nashor's, rage blade, wits end, and botrk are all good on her. Frozen mallet is also good, especially when combined with her whimsy for epic kiting.