Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destrucshot

01-30-2013

Great, now we've gotta wait even longer for this Karma rework.

I honestly don't care that it got scrapped, I just care that the whole process is taking so f***ing long. Karma is my most played champion and her rework is literally the only thing keeping me playing this game. There aren't aussie servers but DOTA 2 has them, so if that Karma rework isn't out soon, I feel obliged to take my money and my time elsewhere.

SlVIR

01-30-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Yup, I'm into equal rights. I'm a feminist. I want balance and variety. I want sexualizatinon in the right context, and i want clever execution when the ground is fertile for something unconventional. Come at me, bro.

can we change all the female champs names to leona

Devack The Holy

01-30-2013

Quote:
KrakShoT:
So from IronStylus ignoring me can I assume that there is nothing coming for Skarner?

Skarner's got a Battlecast skin coming sometime soon.

Tammerlein

01-30-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
We are NOT making her a stripper or ANYTHING CLOSE. I have made EXTRA SURE that visual rework efforts steered away from this trend. We are retaining classy and elegant. There might be a bit more skin but it's going to be damn tasteful.

Are you talking exposed ankles? Cause I don't think my heart is ready...

K G Morder

01-30-2013

On the eventual Taric VU:

Just- please, when you get around to remaking Taric visually, please, please, PLEASE- don't just turn him into the chinese art. IMO the chinese totally anime Taric just really misses the mark of Taric's character. He's supposed to be a moderately good looking smooth voiced dude with a flowing mane of hair. He really IS a parody on the knight in shining armor. I mean, he even has shining armor. literally made of reflective gems.

On fitting him into the current dark less humorous tone of League, it is very possible to visually update him and still keep some of those humorous quirks about him. His gem talk, (Opal for harmony...) and his overall smooth soft spoken voice.

ALSO, considering characters like Taric, Renekton, Nasus... are actually supposed to be from completely different worlds, would it be that bad if they don't fit as well into the LoL world compared to other natives of the land? Taric especially, since while Nasus and Renekton have enough grit to them to fit in, Taric has completely themed himself around a form of magic completely unknown to most people on Runeterra. So it's natural that he would stand out with that gem encrusted armor.

Also, the fact that he is joked around as being the fabulous gay guy in the league, (something that even his lore kind of pokes at with valoran's media being obsessed about his private life) is really part of the appeal. It's an amusing bit to him. he probably would not be half as popular if not for his truly, truly outrageous character themes.

Just my two cents.

Prover

01-30-2013

What about Jurassic Kha'zix?

Alex3omg

01-30-2013

Quote:
Malah:

If Karma is so dramatically unpopular and won't get popular after a rework according to data you're choosing to follow, why not just please the niche crowd instead of flipping them off just to bring in a few people on the fence?

This is my issue. Why not just buff her numbers and put damage on her w's target, and see what happens? They could have that **** on live in a week. Switch her default splash and Sakura Karma's to the chinese ones. See how many Karma players who have given up over two years run back to play her. See how many people who've never tried her buy her.

See what happens and if she's still just embarrassingly unpopular maybe do some kit reworking to make her more interesting. But honestly? If they did those simple things they'd sell a bunch of skins and plenty of people would buy the champ etc. She'll always be "niche" or whatever... but who gives a ****? Why alienate the people who prefer a more subtle/elegant/highbrow/feminine champion?

KrakShoT

01-30-2013

Quote:
Devack The Holy:
Skarner's got a Battlecast skin coming sometime soon.

And yet we've heard nothing of it since the easteregg that came with Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath several months ago. Not even any leaked file names or resources.
I want confirmation that Skarner has a skin coming up.

cocacolalips

01-30-2013

Karma has the best walk in the game. Just sayin';

Postal Miku

01-31-2013

If any reds want to answer this question

Is Arcade Sona really still the best selling skin in the game?

if so, is that bad or good news for Sona skins in the future?