Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes, but not telling yet, because the expectation will be "tomorrow" if I do

I'll shed some light on this as we get closer.
Is that an Iron Stylus style hint that the next rework is Leona

Ars Memoriae

01-30-2013

Mary Poppins karma with umbrella weapons and she floats off with recall and comes out of a bag as a respawn. yea I'm a genius

just like my Banana suit Soraka that throws PB+J sandwiches.

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Karma's hard to rework due to expectations? I think the only expectation is that mantras feel rewarding, and some support elements are retained. If you choose to scrap her entire kit, people will miss having insane shields and heals, but currently that makes her frustrating to play against, once she gets farmed.

In terms of her kit, I don't like how her Heavenly Wave and Soul Shield want to be used with mantras, because you can't choose to get the opposite effect. In contrast, Lulu always has an offensive or defensive option available. In addition, Mantras aren't easy to attain, You need CDR, and even with it still you're spending mantras on shields and heals because you can't stockpile mantras for every moment. Ultimately this meant spirit bond was left out in the dust, and it's arguably her strongest skill, if she could utilize it.

Her passive is deceptive and juicy, however. That should be left as is, unless you can justify removing it.

Theme and lore wise, I think you've already nailed it. Her visuals could use some updating, but I trust the parrot's judgement, mostly. I have two requests in that regard, be careful with her eyes, and her frame, for the former the make up is jarring and could afford to be dialed back. For the latter, her torso looks small proportionately to her hips, which in turn makes her poses look awkward when you try to get fancy. If you recall Janna's hip, it's the same issue.

Grammatizator

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
All I know is right now, I'm learning how to play Annie so I won't suck when I buy her Panda skin.
wait you need to learn to play annie?

Grammatizator

01-30-2013

Quote:
Nidalee and Soraka are getting new skins in the immediate future, they were just delayed to improve them a bit.
Quote:
Not right away, but we are concepting one - and it will be good

There are other champs that I want to get skins out for first.

shut the **** up and take my money

ChaosBloodterfly

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Karma is fairly average for colour variation in this game. She has two colours (White/Black) which is more than a number of champions and as many as most of them. Then again, you might be looking at her splash, which is understandable when half the splashes don't match the model's colour scheme of the champions they portray.

She's unappealing visually because her theme is more graceful than most of the others which are either brutes, psychos, or exotic weirdos (Vi, Zed, Nami). Bimbo's gone off that list since the forums started to throw fits over the portrayal of women, but it hasn't stopped the art team from using bust sizes out of magazines. Most of the people who are going to play a combat game either don't care about class or place it far lower than things like shiny colours, loud noises, and explosions.

Her theme is fine. Put together with her lore, her visuals and VO reflect a rich character design. The comparison is quite simple: the difference between liking Karma and a design like Vi is like the difference between preferring reading or watching a reality TV show.

If Karma is so dramatically unpopular and won't get popular after a rework according to data you're choosing to follow, why not just please the niche crowd instead of flipping them off just to bring in a few people on the fence?

Her theme works, it's just not going to bring in a large number of people. I'm a diehard fan for designs like Karma and Sejuani (even with That We Shouldn't Speak Of) but if people are going to foam at the mouth for things like Durrius and Jayce, then give them their brain crack and toss the people on the fringe a bone once and a while. It would be very nice to keep Karma among the extreme minority of women in this game who aren't blatantly stripperific or at least pumped with fanservice.
Graceful can be visually appealing, but it has to be done with something else, otherwise it has no substance. Leona: Graceful power. Fiora: Graceful speed. Orianna: Graceful complexity. In fact most female LoL champs have some sort of graceful elements, which isn't mutually exclusive with large breast sizes. I mean Sona is a mute whose sole method of expression is playing a floating instrument, which she does with such skill that it can hurt, heal, and make people dance. Doesn't really get more graceful than that. And also has won Bosom of the Year award every year since her release (with Pentakill Morde coming in second ;P).

Also, Karma's kit doesn't feel graceful, it feels very "raw" and encourages gambits (her kit is practically built around baiting).

I'd argue that Karma's theme is about retribution considering her lore and mechanics. And her name. Maybe I want to see some more emotional grief. She doesn't seem particularly disturbed about her past history. Compared to, say Riven. Or Diana.

It also really doesn't help that her splash art sucks.

And I really don't know why she uses fans. Although fans generally have this problem. They don't really make good weapons. Are they like magic fan wands? Fans usually don't have magic power associated with them. Fans are usually used for mystique and erotic dancing in fantasy, which doesn't really fit Karma, other than they're both generically Asian.

Lastly, reality TV is getting better then some of the books people have started reading. *cough* fifty shades *cough* And don't diss Vi.

nukular power

01-30-2013

I'm not sure how Nasus is going under the radar with this VU stuff, when he has one of the worst models in the game, and the worst splash art by far

Quote:
I believe so, but not before a lot of the others mentioned. He's older and needs art love, but it's not elephant-feet bad
*cough* Nasus has elephant feet *cough*

ChaosBloodterfly

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
For the record, if in 6-9 months the women that come out all look like zyra/diana/syndra, I'm bringing this post up.
Zyra's sort of ok, because I don't think a plant really knows or cares about clothes. Although they didn't have to come out like that.

Diana barely has any skin and/or super form fitting parts *looks at Fiora* There's some mild cleavage, but compared to other females Diana might as well be wearing a trenchcoat.

Syndra... meh. I don't know what they were thinking with Syndra.

Orazul

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamaar View Post
Gonna throw this out there, but I could not disagree more if I tried. Blitz is one of my favourite champions, and before he reached permaban status he and I had a wonderful relationship. I love his kit and everything about him; it feels like I'm playing an awesome crazy robot full of fun gadgets. Over the nerfs it's began to feel like I'm more squishy than I should be; he looks and did feel like he's a tanky, but gentle, giant, and while you can build damage on him, typically his only real damage is his ulti, which feels more like a short-circuit then a malicious act to harm. The lack of tankiness bugs me a bit, but I can completely understand why they hit him there from a balance perspective.

Anyways, didn't mean to ramble, just wanted to chime in that I would highly disagree; aside from myself there are several players I know that like blitz; you can argue my sample size is too small but I can make the same argument, so it's kind of a waste :P Also, I'd say that while Blitz can be scary to deal with, juking a blitz pull is an awesome feeling, and if you can pull it off you're rewarded by some safe time in lane where you can harass with blitz being able to do effectively nothing in response. There's a ton of counterplay when he's support, it becomes about baiting the hooks and poking him down. Also, a lot of people forget that if he's poked down, he'll just get eaten when he tries to grab, and if he gets behind his only option is to grab people into turrets. Clever play makes a robot sad, and I think where he is right now is healthy. I'm just waiting for him to leave the permabanned list like Shaco has.
The appeal I meant was that you have to love the character because he is blitz. People can hate him like they hate a character like Darius or Soraka. Its when the Character isn't loved that is the problem if i were to rate him i would give him a 4/10, karma a 6/10, Darius 5/10 and Sonna a 10/10. For him to be the better champion he has to get a least a 9/10 from one person in the world that is what appeal means to me.

I disagreed that a healthy mix is what makes characters appealing for me its the dressing that does it. If one person looks a karma or blitz and says " This looks broken" then that player wants to play with it. No one wants to play a character that doesn't even have a magical Christmas land.

Characters that force you to be creative like mids and support are the ones that are going to be least liked. Because they are hard to work with. I honestly think blitz is one of those that you need to be inventive of where you are and what you do. That's why his appeal is so low. Shaco isn't inventive jungles never are.

KrakShoT

01-30-2013

So from IronStylus ignoring me can I assume that there is nothing coming for Skarner?