Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yup, I'm into equal rights. I'm a feminist. I want balance and variety. I want sexualizatinon in the right context, and i want clever execution when the ground is fertile for something unconventional. Come at me, bro.
ilu. I like the idea that a woman can be sexy (or should I say.. alluring?) without being a ****.

Karma's chinese art does a good job showing that confidence and elegance and.. just, beastmodeawesomeclassylady.

Oh, and can you promise they won't remove her Shashay? She has the best walk in the game! I wish they'd fix Queen Ashe's too... then I could have two characters in a dress, but Ashe's is so bad.. I just use Woad. Also the art of Queen Ashe is vomitchan.jpg

tntkid22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We are going to give Anivia a skin soon - which I'm obviously quite excited about myself. It's a doozy
I..uh...omg...I think I love you.

(Solari hunter aniva crosses fingers)

EDIT: I still love Stylus moar tho <333

Altashheth

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Different direction.
Does the new direction for Karma still include making her a support?
Right now most of the people playing and loving her are doing so playing her as a AP solo laner.
I'm just worried that with a role change she could end up not feeling like Karma anymore.

Ophirr

01-30-2013

@Ironstylus, May I ask as to what kind of "ideal" you're working towards with Trundle? Currently he really does have the theme of "I'm a very sick troll, that will beat you with a club. Repeatedly." (The animation on his Q is pretty amazing in my opinion), and I know that his theme probably doesn't really mesh with many people, only the ones that don't have more "elegant" tastes like myself. So how are you gonna balance making him less gross and universally appealing, without getting rid of the fact that his lore depicts him as an eternally suffering, (and melting) troll?

tailsmph

01-30-2013

Any news on trundle, or do I have to wait another 2 years for you guys to mention anything about him

Devack The Holy

01-30-2013

I'm surprised that Riot listened to the community and decided to give Annie a VU so quick.

Now, if only we could finish Nidalee's reworked Skin Splash Arts as well as changing the more outdated splashes.

Also, I have an idea about VUs/Reworks:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3060698

GuiltyGecko

01-30-2013

@Morello:

I personally love Karma, I main support and Karma was one of the last ones I picked up a few months ago.

With that said, I am a little worried about the Karma Kit rework now. I don't mind that her theme is changing, I care A LOT more about her current kit. Want to know why?

All the supports that are "true" supports currently work best/well with a Ranged ADC (A counter example to this is Lulu's Ult, but the rest of her kit works great with Ranged ADC.) The problem with Karma? Her kit doesn't work well with the current meta of Ranged ADC. Karma's Kit works best when she is placed with a Melee bruiser or Carry. (I.E Darius, Jayce, Riven, Etc.)

I am afraid, truly concerned, that you guys are changing her kit to work more with ranged ADC. If you do this, I will have no more reason to play her. I have found when I duo bot with a friend in draft, and we do a Karma + Melee Carry/Bruiser we are capable of completely dominating the lane. You just don't see it often because of the people are too stuck on the meta.

Please tell me that she will still work with Melee carries? If you don't believe me about the Karma+bruiser thing, just look at the player Sam. The leader of the number 1 3v3 team. He uses Karma +bruiser carry all the time and it works great, even in 5v5.

TL;DR I am really worried that the kit rework will change Karma from supporting melee champs, to being another typical ranged carry support. I don't want this to happen.

Mugguffen

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devack The Holy View Post
I'm surprised that Riot listened to the community and decided to give Annie a VU so quick.

Now, if only we could finish Nidalee's reworked Skin Splash Arts as well as changing the more outdated splashes.

Also, I have an idea about VUs/Reworks:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3060698

I like your idea, because whats the point of updating a skin that almost no one has?

Nkighte

01-30-2013

Quote:
Yup, I'm into equal rights. I'm a feminist. I want balance and variety. I want sexualizatinon in the right context, and i want clever execution when the ground is fertile for something unconventional. Come at me, bro.
Here here! I back you 100% on your stance on champions & skins. But I also agree with Morello, Steel Legion Lux (while a great skin) came at the wrong time. Great execution is awesome but add in great timing and you have a 10 for 10 ;]

ForeverLaxx

01-30-2013

Quote:
Feminism does not promote "equal rights", so you're either a humanist or you're a feminist. Pick your side carefully, because this misconception is one of the major reasons the "feminist" movement collapses in upon itself.