Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallows Evelynn

01-30-2013

Quote:
basileuspontou:
Tons of faith in Riot generated. I must appreciate all such efforts to move away from the sexualization trend.

not counting skins, which champs are overly sexualized in there original skin aside from eve and lablanc?

MobiIe Ward

01-30-2013

Trundle please before everything else.

Luninareph

01-30-2013

Quote:
Ballistixz:
not counting skins, which champs are overly sexualized in there original skin aside from eve and lablanc?

I didn't say anything about over-sexualization. I just said that full, flowing gowns are few and far between in League. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Ashe's Queen Ashe skin. This is not a complaint about over-sexualization but instead an affirmation that Karma's defining themes of class and elegance are what draw me to her, that those themes are not common amongst other female League champions--who are mostly sexy and bad@$$ rather than elegant--and that part of the elegance of Karma, for me, is that she is wearing a gown rather than a sexy dress like LeBlanc's, Syndra's, Janna's, etc.

Hallows Evelynn

01-30-2013

Quote:
Luninareph:
I didn't say anything about over-sexualization. I just said that full, flowing gowns are few and far between in League. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Ashe's Queen Ashe skin. This is not a complaint about over-sexualization but instead an affirmation that Karma's defining themes of class and elegance are what draw me to her, that those themes are not common amongst other female League champions--who are mostly sexy and bad@$$ rather than elegant--and that part of the elegance of Karma, for me, is that she is wearing a gown rather than a sexy dress like LeBlanc's, Syndra's, Janna's, etc.

my bad, i meant to quote the other guy. edited post to show that sryz

also i f ind syndra and janna pretty elegant. syndra is elegant in a dark queen kind of way and janna is elegant in a Goddess kind of way. karma is elegant in her own way of course, especially her sakura skin. always loved japanese styled kimonos.

Luninareph

01-30-2013

Ah, I see. No harm done

By all means I love Syndra and Janna both. Syndra I will agree is also elegant, but she's not really classy. "Elegant in a dark queen kind of way" is exactly the right way to put it, which is very different from Karma's understated, natural refinement. (The contrast-yet-similarities of their looks makes me really want them to encounter each other in lore. I would love to see Syndra and Karma clash as mortal enemies.)

Janna I do not think is elegant, though. She is lovely, graceful, and almost princess-like in an innocent, nymph-like way, but she lacks real elegance or class. "Graceful" is the word I would use for her above "elegant."

Shentok

01-30-2013

Quote:
Morello:
And I'm pretty sure every single person who likes Karma in NA is talking about it in this thread The execution error is why we're redoing her visuals, and I know IronStylus was more involved on the art side there.

This made me have to post. Karma is the only champion I truly have fun playing. I just wish that I could play her more, but my friends hate me for playing her even though I always do well for my team.

namblagambla

01-30-2013

Been riding on Tibbers back out of hell (11-1 annie) so this is a welcome breath of fresh air

KlanKuKlux

01-30-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
We are NOT making her a stripper or ANYTHING CLOSE. I have made EXTRA SURE that visual rework efforts steered away from this trend. We are retaining classy and elegant. There might be a bit more skin but it's going to be damn tasteful.

The pressing question I'm sure all Karma players are thinking right now though is if she will still be an independent black women who don't need no mang. Shouting "I ain't need no mang" repeatedly as you run away narrowly escaping death by using your shields, heals, and slows, frustrating your enemy, is the best feeling League of Legends has to offer. So please, make sure she is still "dark skinned" as you Rioters like to call it.

IS195f47c8187d233288f94

01-30-2013

I did not read all 62 pages but I want to ask one thing. Is Poppy one of those champs which get a rework and a VU and prevent therefore to do this. I love her so much but as the seasons came i felt more and more uncomfortable with her. My blue little yordle needs some love pleeeeeease. Also greetings from EUW!

Dryad Soraka

01-30-2013

Annoys me that Annie and Kat get new icons yet Soraka didn't.