Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flytrap

01-29-2013

Can't wait for the new Karma.

Hope she comes out "soon"!

Hellioning

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think, thematically, it's cool, though unsure of the actual status here.
I hope her ratios aren't TOO terrible, given the amount of CC you're giving her. Or did you change your mind on the 'now has leblanc's e' thing?

Tortferngatr

01-29-2013

Quote:
Yes, it's been a long time and I understand the frustration, there's just not a lot of valuable conversation I can have about it because we basically had to restart the rework about 6 weeks ago. It's moving along very well now though - this is the danger of us telling stuff before it's ready, because the Karma subject is now a larger subject because we didn't manage expectations here.

Things get weird in development sometimes, and cause things to change - it's more painful when we make that more visible though
Any juicy details about the restart of the rework? I recall Guinsoo saying in December that the Karma rework would be out in January.

But given how awesome Eve plays now, I trust you guys to rework Karma well. Take as long as you need.

Sincarnation

01-29-2013

Im surprised by it but im not disappointed by it

didnt some red say Eve and trundle were next for upgrades?

Tiduzz

01-29-2013

Morello, with all this skin talk... I have to ask... is Sejuani getting a new skin sometime in the near future? Thanks!

Cruxshadows

01-29-2013

@ morello
see i want to pick up karma ( yes i am a guy) i hear shes fun to play but with thye looming rework i dont want to get used to her play and then feel like i need to relearn her. i am hopeing the thing that a pealls to me is the no ulty and her 3 skilld can go to lvl 6. and why we are at is can we get a nother champ like that?

edit: can gothic anne go on sale for a week.. i have most of the camps in the package and i dont want to spend 3900 for a skin

Ninja Lamb

01-29-2013

Personally I really enjoy the new Annie look, some of her skins are amazing and I really wish there actually was a way for me to get Gothic Annie without buying the bundle since I own every single champion in the bundle already.

Since a lot of this seems to have turned into Karma, will she at least keep her elegant feel? One of my favorite things about Karma is how fancy she feels, almost like she's "too good" to be in the league (that walk and her taunts just fit this so well.)

Also I was wondering if we will be seeing any more fancy/elegant champions and not just skins? Especially male champions. Having a more "proper" man in the league would make for a really unique champion.

Yacabo

01-29-2013

Well, now at least i know why Karma is taking so long, thanks for answering questions. And it's actually reassuring that she will have a low popularity ceiling, because I don't want to share Karma with ANYONE.

Jack of All AIDS

01-29-2013

Quote:
Visual - I'm not sure. Gameplay definitely, but visual is up in the air because a lot of his charm is his derpiness.

Riot pl0x don't Nerf Hemi's Swag Walk.

sleepisdeath

01-29-2013

Quote:
Yi and Sion are definitely on the list (in my mind, Sion is the WORST offender). In this case, how we prioritize has a lot of complexities - specifically for Sion, we also want to fix his gameplay, but we're not doing Sion before we get through Karma, and hopefully Heimer.

So we chose a rework that was art-only. Sivir was a runner-up, but the art team wanted to get Annie done first as it also shows a definition for non-standard age characters in our updated art style - specifically, Annie shows what children look like in League.
does the hopefully refer to a visual rework for heimer or a rework for gameplay?

edit: just reading the poster above me^^ question answered