Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luscious Lenny

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
The fact that Annie got a visual rework didn't surprise me, the fact that she got it before some of the other champions is what surprised me.
well the re-luanch team stated many times they are focusing on older champions.

my guess was either annie or sivir.

AmbrosialD

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Be warned that we have done significant changes - but we've tried to balance the approach between new and legacy.
Quick question then... will things like top karma still work then or has she been nerfed into a complete support role?

iPromi

01-29-2013

Can we haz a tip where anivia is placed on your plans list, pwetty pweaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase <3

Zwingley

01-29-2013

Morello: Speaking to the idea of there being a One True Skin (sorry for this language, I can't work in The Skin in an appropriate way right here, although that's what I'm gonna use for the rest of this post) for a given champion, and using PFE as the poster child for this, do you feel it's realistic to expect you can find that same The Skin idea again for future champions?

I'm not really asking if you're gonna eventually kit every champion out with a skin that cranks their original concept to 11, just if you think it's realistic to repeatedly hit that sweet spot and have it be as well-received as PFE was. And if it isn't as well-received as PFE despite Riot thinking it's The Skin for that champion, what are you going to do?

My last question/request/suggestion/whatever is that you (not necessarily just you, Morello, but the popular reds who get all the @posts about stuff like this) try and communicate with the community in a more organized way. I love the heck out of the fact that you guys are so vocal and opinionated and real, but the red tracker leaves something to be desired in terms of going back and fishing up responses about champions and other discussions that are weeks/months old. I think a thread like the one Ezreal keeps would be a step towards this, but just trying to tie everything together in some way would be great (I can't believe I'm almost asking for a blog, here). If I had the time, I'd try to put together an index of this stuff myself.

Sorry for the long-winded and roundabout post. :X

Arcane Azmadi

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
But on a more serious note, the feedback about Aether Wing Kayle was pretty negative upon her release... can you comment on that?
Hell, I can comment on that. That was a small group of whiny b*tches moaning about trivialities and downvoting the OP and every git int he community jumping on the bandwagon once they saw that it was going to be "cool" to downvote the thread and trash Riot over it.

The skin is awesome. I bought it and use it all the time. No, it's not perfect, but the level of hate it received was utterly trolltastic, Fan Dumb at its worst.

Hellioning

01-29-2013

I'll have to admit, I'm still irritated that everyone that's getting Lunar Revel skins already have several skins to choose from. I guess I understand 'we don't want someone's first non-release skin to be limited or legacy or event related' but there are simply so many champions who only have their release skins...or SKIN. I feel sorry for any Kha'Zix players who don't like Mecha, or DO like it but are annoyed that their only skin choice is 1350. Meanwhile, Annie just got her ninth..

What ever happened to 520 skins anyway?

FlamingFrostbite

01-29-2013

Surprising? Yes. Not gonna say I didn't think she needed one, because she did, but maybe after someone else, like Sivir.

Red Ryu

01-29-2013

Is Karma still gonna be made into a support or will she be morphed into an AP carry? I actually like her more as an AP mid.

ZeroKuno

01-29-2013

There are A LOT of champions who need a rework.
How about Ezreal? When am I getting what I want?

SlumlordThanatos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Hell, I can comment on that. That was a small group of whiny b*tches moaning about trivialities and downvoting the OP and every git int he community jumping on the bandwagon once they saw that it was going to be "cool" to downvote the thread and trash Riot over it.

The skin is awesome. I bought it and use it all the time. No, it's not perfect, but the level of hate it received was utterly trolltastic, Fan Dumb at its worst.
It's called "feedback." It is our responsibility to tell Riot when there is something we don't like. If we don't, how else would they improve?

People brought up valid complaints with her, like how she's lacking her trademark armor and her overall clunky feeling. Don't get me wrong, the skin looks pretty slick. It's just (in my opinion) not as good as I feel a legendary skin should be.

Now, you may feel that AW Kayle is awesome and a shining example of a legendary skin, and that's alright. But there are a lot of other people who disagree. Don't just discount their opinions as blind hatred.

And AW Kayle didn't get near the amount of hatred that Steel Legion Lux did. AW Kayle was wasted potential. SL Lux was just a bad idea.