Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinrasaa

01-29-2013

Since you had to restart Karma, does that mean she is not in the current "Top 5"?

Did you restart her skill rework, art rework or both?

Will she be getting a skin close to her art rework, or will it be similiar to Soraka and she will get it a bit after her rework?

0hemgeez

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Then why start a conversation at all? I'm going to to poop a good Lux skin out on command.

Well from the threads I've read, including your 40+ super awesome mega post there seems to be a pretty good amount of people with great ideas. Now I know its not a 10000+ up votes Battle Bunny Riven thread, but take the queue from the Lux community, that you already pissed off. Take one of the ideas that seem to be the majority and make one of those and I'm sure they'll be happy and so will Riots pockets. You can still make THE Lux skin in the future, but for now quell the un-happy.

Edit: You know what, let me just apologize to Morello, and the people in this thread. I'm derailing the conversation, and I shouldn't be doing that. There is a more suitable place for this conversation, and here is not that place. My apologies.

CommandShockwave

01-29-2013

Quote:
This is normal in development - ideas are worthless, testing and iteration is the work. This takes time and to allow people to be creative, you need to allow them freedom to fail so they can find what's right.

I keep being reinforced that I should never talk about anything that's not locked down, because I always have to clean up the mess on the boards if anything unexpected happens - and game development is a very unexpected job :P
Would you happen to know if any Orianna skins are down the line somewhere?

Like, within the foreseeable future. As in not: "we have a couple sketches" but "ParticleMan is doing his business with it now".

Or just "no".

Also, you guys need to come to Canada.

Goth Skunk

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Not so much negative, more..meh. The skin was good, but could've been (and if you ask me, should have) been better than it was with only a few minor changes.

It just reeked of wasted potential, and like it was rushed out the door.
By 'negative,' I mean that the thread where she was announced was downvoted into the -400 range.

Dodo Torpedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
This is normal in development - ideas are worthless, testing and iteration is the work. This takes time and to allow people to be creative, you need to allow them freedom to fail so they can find what's right.

I keep being reinforced that I should never talk about anything that's not locked down, because I always have to clean up the mess on the boards if anything unexpected happens - and game development is a very unexpected job :P
On the subject of Taric from previous pages regarding his giant triangle feet, what about his cape? When you rework him will you change the cape to be more "flowy"? Right now it stretches out and has a 90 degree crease in the middle. And finally someone, not a Rioter, once said Skarner is Taric's pet lobster. Please make companion skins for the two D:

SlumlordThanatos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hemgeez View Post
Well from the threads I've read, including your 40+ super awesome mega post there seems to be a pretty good amount of people with great ideas. Now I know its not a 10000+ up votes Battle Bunny Riven thread, but take the queue from the Lux community, that you already pissed off. Take one of the ideas that seem to be the majority and make one of those and I'm sure they'll be happy and so will Riots pockets. You can still make THE Lux skin in the future, but for now quell the un-happy.
...For the thousandth time, he already said he was going to acclerate the timetable on a new Lux skin. It would be foolish of Riot to pull SL Lux and rework/scrap it, since it's ready for release, and people have stated they would buy it.

Patience, dude.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

The fact that Annie got a visual rework didn't surprise me, the fact that she got it before some of the other champions is what surprised me.

LittleMewMew

01-29-2013

I freaking cant wait for it, I saw it and OMG it was so good!

Akava

01-29-2013

Hook me up with some knowledge Morello. Is there a skin coming out for Akali in the first half of 2013 or maybe a ninja skin for a female champion?

2pudge1cup

01-29-2013

Nasus looks the ugliest out of champs. At least his splash art.