Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kabitzy

01-29-2013

I really hope Karma doesn't become syndra levels of **** and ass mage. Or, actually, any level of **** and ass. Karma is a classy lady, why is that a crime?

HeyLPG

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That's part of it - where we take Taric is a tough problem to solve creatively. Additionally, how that informs his visual is a bigger ball of wax.

Taric, Sion, Twitch and Sivir are probably the worst-looking, from a raw aesthetics standpoint, but other things inform this like release cadence/work to complete, if gameplay is involved, number of skins, etc.
How many visual reworks do you estimate we'll get this season? Also, are Urgot and Trundle in your top 5?

SlumlordThanatos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hemgeez View Post
Yea yea, I read like half your post before it all started sounding like "Lesson learned, were gonna try to improve blah blah" and "this isn't THE Lux skin, and we'll try to make a new one soon Tm"

Actions bro, I hear they're louder then words.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Start complaining if we don't here word on it in the next few months.

Apollinarius

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hemgeez View Post
HAHA that's funny cause I'm pretty sure there is a pretty pissed off Lux community that would have appreciated you scraping a certain **** skin for the idea of making a new one instead of releasing garbage.
I know I really wish they'd scrapped Spellthief or Sorceress Lux (the same skin with different shades of blue) and just given us Steel Legion right of the bat.

Then I'd have a Lux skin instead of looking at her on my roster wondering when she's going to get a skin that doesn't belong in an 80's sitcom.

Commando Lux is a great skin idea, but executed badly. The way she holds her gun to do her R is just depressing.

Risemix

01-29-2013

Quote:
You should read the huge megathread I posted in about this before firing the rage cannon :P Like 40+ red posts.
Most of the posts just reiterated the same thing repeatedly to people that can't read though.

I'm not terribly disappointed in the skin but i won't be buying it, and i'm glad you're going to put out something "lighter." Lux herself probably needs a remodel... her base model is of a very low poly count, the texture is muddy, and so forth. All she's missing to be Old Nidalee Tier is big triangle feet.

NeoLlama

01-29-2013

Quote:
Remaking Karma is totally driven by financials, as the least popular champion in League globally :P
since she is probably one of the least owned champions in the league yes reworking her would be a good fiscal decision seeing many people would then buy her in her remade state.

i'm not going to admonish a company for attempting to make money by making an improved product just pointing out that denying it is in some ways insulting.

i do have a question thou since you seem to be generous about answering skin related questions here.

do you have any idea how many skins are in production at a time. from concept to post production? or at least an average number?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
30 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akava View Post
What? Why would she be guaranteed to be bottom 20%?
Her gameplay is more niche overall, and even with upgrades her theme will never have the wide resonance of some of our other characters.

And because we're not making Karma new today, and have some legacy to adhere to, we can't entirely reinvent her and have it be Karma, so I think she has a low appeal ceiling (Orianna is similar, even though she's a good champ).

Hellioning

01-29-2013

Quote:
Mostly because Karma is one of the most unappealing champions, creatively, to our fans - a lot of our research dudes have looked at this, plus it makes sense. Gal in a monochrome dress is a weak theme that isn't really doing anything.

Since we needed to do a gameplay remake anyway, the art team is on board to update her visuals and thematics also.
Ok, so we can expect how many bright clashing colors and exposed skin?

Seriously though I am looking less and less interested in this remake the more I learn about it.

It's probably not gonna be that bad, but after the Kat and Fiora holiday skins...

Incidentally, is she getting a new skin with the remake? Because Sakura Karma's name lies and Sun Goddess Karma has a theme I dislike.

J4G

01-29-2013

I really appreciate your replying to the questions in this thread, Morello- nice to hear something other than Soon (TM). :P While I will say I'm excited for the Taric eventual rework, I agree with prioritizing other champion redesigns.

Any word on Supremacy?

Mugguffen

01-29-2013

The most hated designer seems busy tonight, haha

I won't take long but I must ask, are you, and if you are, doing a visual rework for Trundle how much are you going to change him? Will it simply be making his model higher quality or will it be more like Soroka's visual rework? I would not like to see everyone's favorite troll looking like Jayce but I would love to see his model be the same quality.

Oh and any hints on the next champion for release? :P