Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vempyre

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Any Leblanc or Evelynn skins in the pipeline? =/ I just found it funny that Ziggs got 2 skins in like 6 months and still nothing on them 2. Hope to see a end to the overdoing to skins to 1 or 2 champs ( I'm looking at you Ryze and Teemo )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hemgeez View Post
HAHA that's funny cause I'm pretty sure there is a pretty pissed off Lux community that would have appreciated you scraping a certain **** skin for the idea of making a new one instead of releasing garbage.
I don't like the Lux skin. In fact, I ****ing hate it. But it's selfish to demand that Riot rework or scrap what they've put so much work into. Besides, there ARE people who will buy it, they have come out and said so several times.

On top of that, he promised he'd throw the haters a bone with another skin soon. Calm down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
29 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
I'm rather shocked Taric is not in the Top 5.

1. One of the most picked champions
2. Giant, triangle feet
3. Lacking or lacks animations for attacks and emotes
4. Unfinished skin, Emerald's breastplate is the wrong color scheme
5. Could use the Ashe arrow color rework for his Fifth Age and Emerald skin

Seeing as Taric's popularity is about 100x that of Sivir's or Sion's, while his model is only a bit better I'm rather shocked he isn't near the top 5. Though as I discussed with another poster one day, I do ponder if you guys are happy with how Taric has turned out. The armor of the fifth age skin and his voice have made him a joke character to a large chunk of the community, while LOL seems to be moving towards a much more serious and "hardcore" theme (Diana, Darius) from the intial goofy style. (Nunu, Zilean) Taric's concept as a gem knight is pretty cool, and I do like how his personality isn't the blandness that is Darius or Garen. However, I do think breaking him a tad bit away from "huehue Taric is prettiest girl" and "Taric bot lane with Ez, what ******s! Taric immune to Ahri charm, hahahaahaha!" junk could be good for him. Though I don't think it's possible to get rid of the rather annoying remarks and memes about Taric without ruining his character.

However, if him not being soon also means something like Recall Animations might spring up and become a thing. Like how Ashe got her rework before those became a thing, so she lacks it. While Katarina, TF, and company do now. So it might be a good thing. :P



Anyway, I'm guessing the 5 at the top of the list are Sion (was mentioned by red back in October), Karma (planned with her kit rework), Master Yi (teased about not long ago), Trundle (been brought up by Reds, though not sure how far along they are on him), and Sivir. (cause her small fanbase is very vocal on forums)
That's part of it - where we take Taric is a tough problem to solve creatively. Additionally, how that informs his visual is a bigger ball of wax.

Taric, Sion, Twitch and Sivir are probably the worst-looking, from a raw aesthetics standpoint, but other things inform this like release cadence/work to complete, if gameplay is involved, number of skins, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

01-29-2013

So will Karma's visual rework come with the VO rework like other upgrades?

Because, I swear, if you do not get Danielle McRae back for that, there will be problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Karma will always be in the bottom 20% of popularity, even with all this.
What? Why would she be guaranteed to be bottom 20%?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schwalbenschwanz

Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It is at the top of fabulousness.
Why can't we get him soon then? This poll clearly shows that more people would have wanted a Taric visual rework than an Annie visual rework.
His model is smaller than Ezreal. His color scheme in his classic skin is a horrible MSPaint Cyan mixed with some grey. His face looks terribly deformed! His feet are 2009-style triangles, and most of his skins are only recolored! There is little to no love shown in Taric.

I understand that he's probably one of the most detailed champions (look at all these GEMS) by design and thus a lot of work has to be thrown in, but just imagine a completely beautiful and dazzling completely visually reworked Taric. If he's not in the Top 5 list, we can't expect him being there this year, right?

On a side note, I actually thought it would be done early enough to start my cosplay for gamescom this year, but I guess not. Guess I somehow need to manage floating hair with it until August


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Mostly because Karma is one of the most unappealing champions, creatively, to our fans - a lot of our research dudes have looked at this, plus it makes sense. Gal in a monochrome dress is a weak theme that isn't really doing anything.

Since we needed to do a gameplay remake anyway, the art team is on board to update her visuals and thematics also.
I disagree with this assessment. Karma's champion silhouette is unique, her straight-backed, disciplined posture and hip-swaying walk with the Mantle of Decorum floating behind her and her mantra charges orbiting her. She was easily distinct from every other female champion in the game and her model is pretty well detailed and proportioned too. A visual rework is simply unnecessary.

Seriously Morello, the reason people don't play Karma is because she's the most underpowered champion you've EVER released. Her visual design doesn't factor into it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmbrosialD

Junior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akava View Post
What? Why would she be guaranteed to be bottom 20%?
My guess would be because her playstyle just doesn't suit a lot of people. I really hope the changes don't change her playstyle, but just make her more viable. I love Karma :c


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0hemgeez

Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You should read the huge megathread I posted in about this before firing the rage cannon :P Like 40+ red posts.
Yea yea, I read like half your post before it all started sounding like "Lesson learned, were gonna try to improve blah blah" and "this isn't THE Lux skin, and we'll try to make a new one soon Tm"

Actions bro, I hear they're louder then words.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Mog

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Pantheon could use some love too.

I mean his feet are bigger than everything else on his body. x,x