Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

01-29-2013

Can Kayle's Legendary skin be redone? Or at least, a newer, better one?

About the only thing I like about Aether Wing Kayle is the new voice overs (though the lack of extra shouts when activating e was a HUGE disappointment) and the flowing attack animations with her E. But I wish her legendary would've kept the armour-clad archangel feel with a flaming sword.

I was really looking forward to buying Kayle's 'Legendary' skin, but when I saw the demonstration, I was incredibly disappointed. I haven't purchased it as a result, hoping that it'll be tweaked, improved, re-done, or that an entirely new legendary will be created.

AmbrosialD

01-29-2013

Hey Morello,

I made a thread about Karma about a month back, and I was wondering if you could give some insight as to why you're reworking her! It got downvoted a lot (no surprise, it's karma), but I really think she doesn't need a rework, except a few small changes maybe to a few of her abilities. You can read the thread here (including some ideas for a smaller rework):
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2891883

But for a tl;dr version:
1. Right now, Karma isn't a support, but rather a full utility mage who actually does VERY well in most solo lanes (esp. top as a melee counter). I think the best way to change her is to capitalize on this instead of trying to make her fit the role her current kit doesn't work well with
2. Karma is fun because she is different w/ her mantra mechanic; changing it to be such a long cooldown makes her lose her uniqueness and 'outplay ability'.
3. There are some really easy changes you could make that would interest a lot of people, and potentially make her more fun for the majority to play.

SlVIR

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We will absolutely relaunch her at some point - but she's not next. The relaunch team ( and the rest of Riot ) are keenly aware of how poorly Sivir stands up next to our newer champions especially.
pretty much sums it up. she is pretty far down the list. doubt sivir is in the top 5 dont hold your breath
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...+in+game+model

Clockworksummonr

01-29-2013

@Morello

When you do the visual rework, are you going to update the skins that are no longer for sale?

E.X. Spectacular Sivir, Hextech Sion

Just wondering.

abuzeus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes, it's been a long time and I understand the frustration, there's just not a lot of valuable conversation I can have about it because we basically had to restart the rework about 6 weeks ago. It's moving along very well now though - this is the danger of us telling stuff before it's ready, because the Karma subject is now a larger subject because we didn't manage expectations here.

Things get weird in development sometimes, and cause things to change - it's more painful when we make that more visible though
Thanks for the response. Actually, I did not know that you restarted the rework (and I am following the Karma stuff pretty closely). This certainly changes the context from "How on earth can it take so long, Riot trash, report!111" () to "this one has been in the works for a while and should be ripe to pop soon, but it's not taking unexpectedly long". While maybe not the most welcome news, at least it's helpful to know.

Any chance that at some point, maybe when the rework is actually done, you can reveal why you restarted from scratch? It's always fascinating to gain some insight into the champion (re)work process. In this case, the designer in charge (Guinsoo) did, to my knowledge, not change (as opposed to the delay in the Eve rework in connection with Shurelyia's leaving), so my guess would be that something major did not really work out as planned. I'm curious what that was, if my guess is correct.

Cheers,
abuzeus

Hyena sama

01-29-2013

Is it bad that I find Zyra in need of a visual rework? She looks almost as bad as Sivir or Sion.

Wolfmor

01-29-2013

Taric reminds me of Porygon from Pokemon

MichaeI Jaxon

01-29-2013

Can we see a fix on Irelias rastafari octopus tentacle hair?

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Eventually. Not in the top 5.
In the event that Pantheon is in the top five, can his skin please be darker than his model is now? His default splash has a definite darker tone, and I don't want him to be whitewashed...besides, people keep clamoring for a black manly champion (Nidalee and Karma are females, of course), and Pantheon is readily available to answer the pleas. It would avoid stereotypes, too...

advancedAI

01-29-2013

Sivir's model is so crude!

She desperately needs a make-over!