Why do I get punished for dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clowns Suck

01-26-2013

because if you have a guy thats last pick and only says in champ select "JAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJ DUO MID NOOBS" and picks trundle when the team needed a role filled the chance of winning that game goes through the floor. Dodging saves your teammates the 30 minute wait or the loss of ELO. Should have a vote option to boot people if they do that sort of ****.

Keuzen

01-26-2013

I have to agree. It is ridiculous. I joined a ranked game, and ended up getting an AFK and a troll (who said he is going to feed because he didn't mean to join ranked).
I didn't want to sit through it, so I dodged. I think it is stupid how anyone can join a game and go AFK or troll and I dodge and I am the one getting penalized.

Snowman49

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicKretz View Post
I'm sure this gonna get downvoted but i honestly/sincerely want to know where the que-dodge=hero mentality comes from?

Obviously riot views que-dodge as a bad thing hence the penalty, yet everyone who creates a "why do i have to wait so long" thread thinks they are doing the community a service? I understand they think they saving ppl from losing Elo, but since noone can see into the future, how does it work out?

anywho, seeing as i just started rank, would love to know more about why SOME ppl think its heroic
I won't lie, when I usually do this I don't think of what I'm doing is heroic at all. Its honestly me being very self centered. My elo isn't high at all, but I've experienced what it is like to play any game no matter what the standings. My elo suffered a lot from it. Since I started doing what I can to dodge games that appear troll to me and I've slowly climbed my way back up the 300 I lost from playing no matter what.

footfoe

01-31-2013

No. easier dodging would be annoying. If you really want to Que dodge then play custom games.

MM Vanilla

01-31-2013

team voting to dodge is a great idea!

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

no, its too short. sitting for 10-20 minutes because some kid doesnt like his team comp and wants to troll and/or dodge champ selects is unbearable. if u have a troll on your team, dont dodge. let him dodge. and if he doesnt, report him. basically what you are doing by dodging is allowing him to jump right into another champ select and troll that one too, so if u are that worried about 13 elo, take your 1/2 hour ban. but the fact is 1 game doesnt matter. if the league of legends gods handed you a 2200 elo account, do you think it would stay there? no. it would fall down to your actually elo. so whether your account is +/-13 elo doesnt matter either. if you lose one game, you are more likely to win the next (and no, dont even try to tell me anything about gambler's fallacy because it does not apply to events that aren't random, probability of winning is a function of your skill compared to your current elo)

Dsg19319

01-31-2013

There should be a vote to dodge for trolls, that require 3 out of 5 on the team. And a button that also says "Mexican/BR" so you can hit that and get out of it as well. lolz

Zombiemaster

01-31-2013

You shouldn't have the viewpoint of you dodging a game helping 3 other people from having to play with a troll and losing Elo.

You dodging a game means you are making 9 other people wait longer to play a game.